uberlife the social location-based iOS app with a mission to increase serendipitous and spontaneous hanging out in person with our friends, network and new likeminded people around us release their second version to the public this week.
The latest version comes several months after uberlife’s well received launch at this year’s SxSW Interactive, following on from extensive user feedback that has seen the startup make some core changes including:
1) Faster and more simple posting and sharing hangout "updates" within 3-5 clicks, removing “event forms”, to gear usage towards more casual, every day activities like going shopping, out for coffee, heading to the beach, out for a beer.
2) Replacing need to select specific “start date & time” with looser time selections e.g. "this afternoon", "tonight", "this weekend" more in line with actual user behavior and to allow for more spontaneous and casual updates.
3) Ability to choose the neighbourhood or city you’re going to be hanging out in instead of a venue, with the option to update with a specific venue later or on-the-fly.
4) Ability to post international updates via the app so that if you’re going to be travelling, your hangout update sends an instant push notifications to your followers in that location.
5) Tighter proximity-based push notifications to your friends and followers who are within ½ mile of where you’re going to be hanging out, so if they’re free they can easily stop by to say hi.
6) Option to make your hangout updates visible and open to just your friends.
7) Removing the 5 invite per person limit and enabling users to invite unlimited
friends via SMS/email from address book, FB notification or Twitter DM, so they can stay in the loop with where and when each other will be hanging out next, in case they’re free to join, and to be alerted if they were going to be within ½ mile of each other.
CEO & founder Sanchita Saha commented:
“SxSW was a really important moment at the start of our journey with uberlife, giving us a unique opportunity to see first-hand how a tech savvy audience used the app and to hear what they thought.
We came away from that experience and went back to the drawing board challenging some of the core assumptions we had made and this resulted in a 10 week re-build and re-design of the app.
We’re back now with a significantly different version 2 that we’re really happy with, solving the core issues we learned from our users and subsequent focus groups, and we’re now preparing to get back to iterating quickly with some new and really exciting feature releases planned over the next 6 – 8 weeks.”
A design refresh is in the pipeline along with several new features geared around making it easier to keep track of where your friends and network are planning on being next, connecting users offline with new likeminded people around them from the uberlife community and around their favourite, local hangout spots.
- ENDS -
While most social apps today are for sharing moments of our lives with our friends and networks, uberlife is about making those moments happen.
The uberlife iPhone app is developed by and is an offshoot of CitySocialising Ltd. CitySocialising Ltd is founded by Sanchita Saha, headquartered in London and raised $1.6 million Series A funding from PROfounders Capital, earning the support and mentoring of UK tech luminaries Michael Birch (Bebo) and Brent Hoberman (Lastminute.com).
Available in the iTunes App Store, uberlife enables you to stay in the loop with where and when your friends, network and likeminded people will be hanging out next. Post and share a "hangout update" to automatically send a push notification to nearby friends and followers so that if they’re free they can stop by and say hi.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of uberlife in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Media & Marketing, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.