Meru Networks, a leader in virtualised 802.11 enterprise wireless networking, has announced availability of Identity Manager the industry’s first integrated Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) provisioning and guest access solution with Property Management System (PMS) capabilities.
Identity Manager greatly simplifies secure guest access and BYOD provisioning for virtually every operating system and network, dramatically reducing IT workload and delivering an easy on-boarding experience for the user. The integrated software platform, deployed at over 2,500 customers, consists of two modules, Smart Connect that enables automated BYOD client provisioning, and the Guest Connect network access solution. Guest Connect integrates seamlessly with property management systems and payment gateways streamlining administration and billing for guest Internet access, allowing customers toeasily accept credit card payments.
With Meru Identity Manager it is now possible for enterprises to easily and effectively serve the thousands of Wi-Fi devices and applications that enter their wireless, providing seamless network access in accordance with corporate IT policies.
· Meru Identity Manager now has integrated Property Management System (PMS) functionality that enables businesses, including hotels and convention
centres, to automate service charges for Wi-Fi or Internet access services, and automatically post service charges to over 80 different popular industry billing entities.
· Meru Identity Manager’s vendor-agnostic architecture enables it to provision services over wired or wireless networks.
· Clients supported by Meru Identity Manager include Apple iOS (iPhone and iPad), Apple Mac OS X, Google Android, Linux and Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista and 7).
· Meru Identity Manager is designed to reduce IT workload by automating the device and user on-boarding process without jeopardising network security.
· Enterprise-strength authentication and encryption protect the network and sensitive data, while role- and policy-based provisioning gives IT departments control over whom and what devices get access.
· Identity Manager is designed to deliver the industry’s most complete and comprehensive activity monitoring/reporting for guest users and devices, which is critical for ensuring appropriate use to protect company networks.
· Identity Manager technology is currently deployed in over 2,500 customer accounts worldwide, including many Fortune 500 companies, higher education institutions, large hotel chains, major league sports stadiums and global convention centres.
· Identity Manager is available in a VMware ready format for customers who have chosen a virtualised application platform strategy.
Meru Networks: http://www.merunetworks.com
More Meru news: http://www.merunetworks.com/news-and-events
Meru on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/merunetworks
About Meru Networks
Meru Networks (NASDAQ: MERU) is a leading supplier of virtualised wireless LAN solutions that provide enterprises with the performance, reliability, predictability and operational simplicity of a wired network with the advantages of mobility. Meru Networks eliminates the deficiencies of multichannel, client-controlled architectures with its innovative, single-channel, virtualised network architecture that easily handles device density and diversity. Meru wireless LAN solutions are deployed in major vertical industries including Fortune 500 businesses, education, hospitality, healthcare and retail supply chain. Founded in 2002, Meru is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
Visit www.merunetworks.com or call (408) 215-5300 for more information.
Cobra Public Relations Limited
+44 1628 822741
+44 7855 359889
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Cobra Public Relations in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.