NHS organisations are able to achieve a balance between delivering excellent patient care services while ensuring management of costs
CODICOTE, UK, July 18, 2012 — Kronos Incorporated today announced that NHS Tayside is piloting its SMART workforce management solution. The pilot project, which covers e-Rostering and bank management, involves nine rostering locations and approximately 300 staff. The pilot is being rolled out in three stages across a range of clinical and operational areas of the Health Board. SMART was selected for its extensive NHS experience, flexible approach to supporting the Health Board, and comprehensive reporting functionality.
• Phase one of the pilot, which covers two surgical wards and a medical ward, went live in May.
• Phase two of the pilot, which includes theatre, out-patients, and elderly peoples’ services unit goes live in July.
• The final phase of the project covering mental health and laundry services is scheduled to go live toward the end September.
• NHS Tayside is expecting to see a range of qualitative benefits which will ultimately lead to financial benefits for the organisation. The main focus of the pilot is to improve quality of services and work-life balance for staff. Expected benefits include:
o Reduction in time taken to produce rosters, releasing highly qualified staff back to patient care;
o More efficient use of establishment, particularly in nursing departments;
o Fair and transparent rosters for all staff and better work-life balance as they are able to access the systems out-of-hours and plan their home lives accordingly; and
o Increased availability of management information.
• Ann Mudie, e-rostering pilot lead, NHS Tayside
“We undertook an evaluation of systems available which included reference visits to existing users. SMART’s customers in the UK gave us good feedback on the system, particularly regarding SMART’s NHS experience and the flexibility of the support that SMART was able to offer.”
• Tristan Spencer, director, SMART, A Kronos Solution
“By optimising the use of staff and ensuring that establishment resources are used as efficiently as possible, NHS organisations are able to achieve a balance between delivering excellent patient care services while ensuring management of costs. We are seeing huge interest from Health Boards in Scotland as they look to maximise their resources.”
• NHS Tayside is responsible for delivering healthcare to more than 400,000 people living in Tayside. The Health Board employs around 14,000 staff and provides a comprehensive range of primary, community-based, and acute hospital services for the populations of Dundee City, Angus, and Perth & Kinross.
• SMART is a workforce management solution widely used by the UK’s National Health Service (NHS). SMART enables NHS Trusts to align with the Quality, Innovation, Productivity, and Prevention by optimizing staff and ensuring that quality patient care is delivered as efficiently as possible. To learn more about the SMART solution, visit www.smart-rostering.co.uk.
• Kronos acquired SMART in April 2012.
• Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
• Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SMART, A Kronos Solution
+44 (0)1438 822229
+44 (0) 1491 639500
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of PR Artistry Limited in the following categories: Health, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.