Norland Managed Services is a finalist in the 2012 Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) awards. The facilities management provider has been shortlisted as a finalist in the Campaign of the Year category.
Named “Managing Risk: a Joint Responsibility”, Norland’s campaign has been specifically designed to spread health and safety best practice through the whole of its facilities management supply chain.
In line with its commitment to BS11000, Norland designed its campaign after extensive analysis of the factors which lead to enhanced QHSE performance. The campaign illustrated how Norland’s tight focus on standards and behaviours in this area has made a significant contribution to its continued growth. Norland’s contractors have welcomed the opportunity to take part in Norland’s rigorous and practical approach.
Norland’s campaign has embedded its own rigorous health and safety management practices into those of all its suppliers and contractors working on the firm’s contracts. Education, training, and audits have been used to support partner companies in raising their safety standards.
This has included health and safety courses and full-day seminars, one-to-one consultation with members of the Norland health and safety team and industry experts, access to specialist suppliers of protective equipment and tools, and training and materials for dynamic risk assessment.
Stephen Booker, QHSE director at Norland said: “The safety of people on site is of paramount importance to Norland and the cost and reputational damage of accidents isn’t something we, our contractors or our clients should ever have to deal with.
“While all good FM companies are scrupulous about their own health and safety practices, clients are still left exposed by an industry-wide failure to ensure that contractors and suppliers are held to the same standard. Norland is a pioneer in tackling this problem, but I believe the intention of this intensive campaign: to embed health, safety and environmental standards and behaviours throughout the supply chain, will become industry best practice.”
The winners of all the IOSH awards will be revealed and presented with their trophies at the awards ceremony on Thursday, 18 October 2012 at the London Hilton, Park Lane.
-------------------------------------------------- ends -----------------------------------------------
About Norland Managed Services
• Norland Managed Services is one of the UK’s fastest growing providers of facilities management and support services with revenues in excess of £300 million
• The company operates from a strategic network of regional offices throughout the UK, Ireland, Europe and the US
• A dedicated team of highly trained and experienced staff maintain and enhance the capital assets of major national and global businesses. These range from single floors in multi-occupied buildings to substantial property estates and large stadia
• Since its formation in 1984, Norland has achieved consistent annual growth, its success being built on high levels of customer service and a major focus on people and technical skills
• Norland is a 2012 CIBSE Award winner for “Training for Building Performance”, and a 2011 Green Apple Award winner for “Property Management - Energy Reduction”
• Norland is ranked 141st on the Sunday Times HSBC Top Track 250 league table, which ranks Britain’s leading mid-market private companies with the biggest sales - leaping 48 places from 189th place last year.
• For more information about Norland, please visit www.norlandmanagedservices.co.uk
For further information please contact:
Group Marketing Manager,
+44 (0)207 871 9306
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Chelgate in the following categories: Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Manufacturing, Engineering & Energy, Construction & Property, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.