PRESS RELEASE AUGUST 2012
GORSKI TO HOST SEMINAR IN THAILAND
The Cabin Chiang Mai in Thailand is proud to announce an Addiction Treatment Seminar delivered by the World’s leading Addiction Treatment Professional Terence Gorski, President of GORSKI-CENAPS. The course will be held over 3 days from the 24th to the 26th of October 2012.
The three day seminar will concentrate on Denial Management Counselling (DMC) delivered by the world’s foremost expert on Addiction, Relapse Prevention and Aftercare. Delivered for the first time in Asia this clinical procedure is used widely in inpatient and outpatient drug services in Europe and the US. The course will teach attendees to motivate addicts who are resistant to treatment to voluntarily enter ongoing treatment. Denial is a serious problem in the treatment of addiction and coexisting personality and mental disorders. This course will present and overview of a comprehensive clinical system for managing denial and creating intrinsic motivation for treatment as well as illustrate the potential effectiveness of CBT Drug Treatment Model in Asia, following on from its proven success in the West.
The course is aimed at Government Representatives involved in the fields of Health and Drugs, Public Health Workers, Psychiatrists, other Medical Doctors, Psychologists and Counsellors, Nurses, Policy Makers, Government Officials in charge of Drug Policy, NGOs operating in the fields of Health and Drug, Private Practitioners, Psychotherapy Practices, Academics in the Field of Addiction Treatment and Counselling Students.
Alastair Mordey, Programme Director at The Cabin Chiang Mai says;
“It is an honour to have Terence come to Chiang Mai and import his knowledge and expertise. We look forward to a vibrant and stimulating conference and the chance for so many people in the field to get together and share best practice.”
Notes to Editors
• Participants are eligible for Continuing Education Credits (CEU).
• The course is recognised by the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) as one of the top three “best known and most respected treatment approaches in the United States”.
• Early Bird tickets before September 30th – 320GBP per person. After October 1st – 350GBP per person.
• For more information and registration, please email email@example.com or visit www.thecabinchiangmai.com/gorski_seminar
• Alastair Mordey (BA hons, RDAP, ADAP) is the Programme Director at The Cabin Chiang Mai, an addiction treatment centre based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. He is a certified and accredited addiction counsellor with over 10 years’ experience working in treatment services.
• The Cabin Chiang Mai is Asia’s most respected Drug and Alcohol treatment centre. Established in 2009, with two facilities and a secondary treatment Sober House located in Chiang Mai, The Cabin has treated over 300 men and women from around the world with a programme completion rate of 96% and a recovery rate amongst the highest in the world.
• The unique programme at The Cabin combines CBT, the 12 Steps, Mind Mapping, Mindfulness therapy and physical exercise therapy.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Love PR London in the following categories: Health, Medical & Pharmaceutical, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.