Skip navigation
Skip navigation
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser.

PRESS RELEASE AUGUST 2012

CHRIS TARRANT LAUNCHES THE KIDNEY CANCER MONTHLY LOTTERY
‘This lottery may not make you a millionaire but it will go a long way in helping us support kidney cancer patients’

‘Who Wants to be a Millionaire’ host, supporter and friend of the James Whale Fund for Kidney Cancer, Chris Tarrant has confirmed his interest in supporting the launch of ’The Kidney Cancer Lottery ’ http://www.kidneycancerlottery.org.

The Lottery has been designed to assist in the funding of the Patient Benefit Grant, which aims to help those suffering or in treatment for kidney Cancer, ease their financial strain and help access to things that can add to or maintain their quality of life. For example, if a patient requires continued access to television or broadband, or needs to pay to have a pet cared for due to a period of hospitalization etc., the Fund, on a case by case discretionary basis, can award funds of up to £1,000 per annum per patient.

Tickets are price at £1 each and one winning number is drawn on the last Friday of every month and the winner will receive a cash prize in proportion to the number of entries. 40% of the money collected will be given back in the cash prize and the remaining 60% will go to the charity.

Broadcaster James Whale, founder and Chairman of the James Whale Fund and a kidney cancer survivor, said;

‘We hope that many Kidney Cancer patients will directly benefit from this new initiative of the Fund and look forward to our lottery launch being well supported. The aim of the lottery is to have the chance to give something back to those that are generous enough to donate.’

NOTE TO EDITORS:

http://www.kidneycancerlottery.org
• James Whale Fund for Kidney Cancer is the UK’s leading kidney cancer charity and was set up in 2006 by broadcaster James Whale who lost a kidney to cancer. Today James continues to lead a full and busy life, as do the majority of people who are diagnosed and treated early.
• In 2009, 9,000 people in the UK were diagnosed with kidney cancer that’s over 24 people day!
• Kidney cancer is eighth most common cancer in the UK.
www.jameswhalefund.org
• Tickets are £4.50 a month or £54.00 per year and can be entered monthly, quarterly or yearly by cash, cheque or standing order.

Press Office contact Katie Wilks pressoffice@jameswhalefund.org tel. 0844 880 4284.

This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Love PR London in the following categories: Entertainment & Arts, Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.