Norland, one of the UK’s fastest-growing facilities management companies announced today the renewal of a contract to continue providing technical maintenance, white space fit-out and engineering services as well as wider data centre facilities management to Ark Continuity Limited.
Ark specialises in the design, construction and operation of high integrity data centres developed to deliver optimum security and availability with the highest levels of sustainability. Ark’s Spring Park and Cody Park data centre campus locations house various data centre solutions and provide flexibility for organisations to meet both business and technical requirements by offering one of the lowest total cost of operations in their class.
Richard Borton, Ark’s Operations Director said: “Norland’s services support Ark’s ability to rapidly deploy and operate scalable, high availability data centre facilities for our clients. Their specialist data centre knowledge and industry-leading technical support is integral to the Ark approach to data centre delivery”.
Norland also support Ark’s new clients as they take occupation of their dedicated data centre by providing white space fit-out services. Ark together with Norland design, project manage and deploy, amongst other things, copper and fibre-optic cabling, equipment cabinets, containment and mechanical and electrical services.
Ark was impressed by CE360 – Norland’s portfolio of services specifically developed for zero downtime, mission-critical environments. The portfolio includes M&E, total facilities management, fabrics maintenance, energy, PUE, carbon reduction services and capital projects. ICT fit out services as well as consultancy and professional audits complete the portfolio. All CE360 services are underpinned by the robust working practices embodied in Norland’s CERM™ framework and its suite of online management information systems.
Ark has selected an integrated, single source solution from Norland which includes 24/7 mechanical and electrical engineering, fabric maintenance, Critical Environment Risk Management (CERM™), data centre fit-out, energy efficiency, ICT, cleaning, pest control and waste management .
Tony Smith, Managing Director of Norland’s Critical Engineering Services division said: ” We’re delighted to be associated with Ark Continuity’s prestigious new facilities at some of Europe’s premier data centre campus locations. They now join our portfolio of leading data centre clients and co-location facilities around the UK as well as in the US and Ireland.”
About Norland’s critical environment capabilities
• Norland’s Critical Environment Services division maintains the mission critical environments and infrastructure facilities fundamental to business; facilities whose failure could have a major impact on an organizations brand through loss of revenue and reputation. Often 24/7 operations, Norland’s highly skilled teams oversee and maintain the complex technical infrastructure of leading banking and financial institutions, data centres, manufacturing facilities, clean rooms and broadcasting production.
• Norland’s engineers are “Accredited Tier Specialists” which, along with intensive training, has embedded the Uptime Institute’s standard operating practices into Norland’s service offer.
• Norland Managed Services is one of the UK’s fastest growing providers of facilities management and support services with revenues in excess of £300 million.
• The company operates from a strategic network of regional offices throughout the UK, Ireland, Europe and the US.
• Since its formation in 1984, Norland has achieved consistent annual growth, its success being built on high levels of customer service and a major focus on people and technical skills.
For more information about Norland, please visit the Norland website
For further information please contact:
Group Marketing Manager,
+44 (0)207 871 9306
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Chelgate in the following categories: Medical & Pharmaceutical, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.