Dominic Baliszewski, telecoms expert at Broadbandchoices.co.uk, said:
"Whilst £10 extra a year might not sound like much, it all adds up for customers that are already facing pressure on their household spending. The new pricing doesn't come into effect until January 2013 so that means there's time to plan ahead and take some steps to offset the rise:
• "You could save a significant chunk of cash by paying for 12 months of line rental upfront with BT's ‘Line Rental Saver' deal.
• "If it has been a while since you last reviewed your calling costs, now's the time. BT customers that make a lot of calls to mobiles may be able to offset the rise by using an Anytime Plus calling plan as it offers discounted calls to UK mobile phones.
"BT has promised to freeze prices following these hikes until 2014, but anyone who is still unhappy and wants to switch should check what deals are available in their area. There are some great offers from both mainstream and niche providers - just make sure you use an Ofcom accredited price comparison site!"
Broadbandchoices.co.uk's top tips for finding the best home phone deal:
1. Consider your usage: Make sure you are on the right calling plan for your needs - if you make frequent calls during the day, an Evening & Weekend calling plan will not be right for you
2. Mainly mobile? Mobile calling rates can be expensive but BT's mobile rates are some of the cheapest in the market. If you call a lot of mobiles and are with BT, it may be worth staying put
3. The way you pay: Make sure you are paying by Direct Debit - any other form of payment can add up to £5 onto your bill
For further information please contact Emily Church on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07585 792 975
For further information please contact:
020 7400 7403
Broadbandchoices.co.uk : Broadbandchoices.co.uk was launched in 2005 and is the UK’s leading independent broadband comparison site. Our calculator is fully accredited by industry regulator Ofcom, offering consumers the assurance that the information we provide is accurate, transparent, accessible and comprehensive.
We offer comprehensive and impartial advice on broadband, mobile broadband and bundled packages (broadband with home phone and digital TV) saving our users over £350 when they switch.
The Broadbandchoices.co.uk calculator compares thousands of different deals and provides results in a clear, impartial way allowing users to choose services according to their needs.
Broadbandchoices.co.uk powers over 50 leading comparison services including Confused.com, Comparethemarket.com and GoCompare.com.
Broadbandchoices.co.uk – working hard to save you money
Stay up to date with the latest broadband news: Follow us on Twitter , Facebook or Google+.
Also find out more by reading our Wikipedia article.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of BroadbandChoices.co.uk in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.