WOOL / KNITWEAR / TWEED - TREND STORIES??
While London is hosting Fashion Week, Yorkshire is creating a buzz on the UK fashion and textiles scene!
In light of UK Wool Week (15th-22nd of October), designers Vivienne Westwood, Livia Firth and Burberry’s Christopher Bailey are all championing UK wool, and Wool Re-Fashioned is offering an in depth exploration of this design essential.
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED…
This invite only press event offers a forum for local spinners, weavers, historians and industry experts to present the legacy of this heritage fabric.
This EXCLUSIVE press event offers:
• Talks by Christopher Bailey on why fashion powerhouse Burberry still chooses to use Yorkshire mills
• Information on the resurgence for tweed and heritage fabrics as reflected by Autumn/ Winter 2012 trends.
• Preview the exhibition which is open to the public until 11th November 2012, and showcases one-off 20th century garments from Ossie Clark to Comme des Garcons, RE-FASHIONED in fine Merino fabrics by Leeds University design students, to showcase the versatility of wool using the extra fine fabrics and refined techniques available today
• Experts detailing the history of Yorkshire Mills e.g. why it was the heart of British fashion in 20th century and why the textile industry in Yorkshire is back on the rise.
• Access to Vivienne Westwood’s Yorkshire based spinners and weavers, Laxtons, explaining their trade, and discussing increased demand in recent years.
Additionally, INTERVIEW OPPS AVAILABLE WITH HEADS OF DESIGN AT:
• Jigsaw, Pringle, Hobbs, DAKS, Lyle & Scott, Paul Smith, Topshop, M&S, Harvey Nichols, John Lewis for The Campaign For Wool’s Wool School initiative.
(Wool School launches for UK Wool Week 2012 15th - 21st October: 12 wool rich jumpers designed for 12 retailers by 12 winning university students. The jumpers land in stores nationwide on 15th October)
• Peter Ackroyd MBE - International Wool Textile Organisation chair and consultant for The Woolmark Company
• John Thorley - Head of Pastoral Alliance
To RSVP for the Exhibition Preview and wool expert day contact: email@example.com, 0207 8457800
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Mission Media in the following categories: Women's Interest & Beauty, Environment & Nature, Farming & Animals, Retail & Fashion, Manufacturing, Engineering & Energy, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.