International software development consultants, David Consulting Group Ltd. (DCG), is pleased to announce its acquisition of the SMS Exemplar Group which includes Software Measurement Services Ltd (SMS) and SMS Exemplar Ltd.
Both David Consulting and SMS are metrics specialists with extensive expertise in the quantitative management of IT software systems. In recognition of the formidable reputation for measurement excellence and know-how built up by SMS’ founding Director, P. Grant Rule, who tragically died in 2011, David Consulting Group will trade in Europe and the UK under the name DCG-SMS.
With continuing pressure to drive down costs, more organisations are looking critically at the value delivered by their IT systems. Most notably, a more rigorous, quantitative approach to managing software projects is being adopted by the public sector in order to control costs and ensure value for money.
Measurement data can be used to drive improvements in productivity and flexibility but is part of an overall business strategy, not a technical quick-fix. As such, it requires the expertise of experienced consultants, such as DCG-SMS, to guide an organisation through successful implementation and provide advice in areas such as system performance, growth opportunities, cost savings, risk management and best IT investments.
“Demand for the expertise offered by David Consulting Group and SMS is growing,” said Alan Cameron, Managing Director of DCG-SMS. “Business managers in the UK and Europe tell me that with today’s software-intensive business systems, the technical know-how and experience is essential. The creation of DCG-SMS combines the expertise of two great companies and will help us better meet the needs of more clients.”
SMS Managing Director, Sue Rule, will join DCG-SMS as Marketing Director and is delighted to be taking the SMS legacy forward with the David Consulting Group.
“DCG and SMS have a very similar ethos of offering high-quality, business-focused expertise to our customers,” she said, “Our UK and European clients will benefit immediately and we fully expect that North American clients will be able to experience the value of our joint capabilities in the very near future.
“By bringing the companies together we significantly increase the range of software measurement and improvement services and can expand our services to new clients.”
Notes to Editors:
For further information, please contact:
Alan Cameron, Managing Director of DCG-SMS on +44 (0) 1253 290370
Sue Rule, Managing Director at SMS, on +44 (0) 843 289 5174 or +44 (0) 1732 863760
About David Consulting Group:
• David Consulting Group is an international software development consulting firm helping companies frustrated with development costs, hampered by poor quality or struggling to estimate and achieve on-time delivery.
• DCG has successfully helped global organizations and their partners to make timely, effective changes to results and culture by providing them with specialized expertise in software measurement, sizing and process improvement, as well as IT performance improvement.
• DCG maintains a U.S. corporate office in Malvern, PA, and a European corporate office, DCG-SMS, in London, UK. The Group was formed in 1994 by David Garmus and David Herron, experts in the field of measurement, software estimating and software development. For more information, visit [David Consulting Group www.davidconsultinggroup.com
• SMS Exemplar, based in Kent, are European specialists in software estimating and measuring. They are the Quantity Surveyors of Information Systems, integrating Lean thinking, Agile management and Software Process Improvement to help businesses achieve true value from their IT systems.
• SMS was formed in 1994 by a group of independent software metrics consultants including internally recognized measurement authority, P. Grant Rule.
• Charles Symons, co-creator of the COSMIC software sizing method developed for measuring real-time software, is a retired Director of SMS.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Writing Shop in the following categories: Business & Finance, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.