Seve Ballesteros Legends Tournament to take place at Pebble Beach from 29th November – 1st December 2012 with European launch event at The May Fair Hotel, London on 18th September 2012.
Superstar Sports are proud to announce the launch of the inaugural Seve Ballesteros Legends Tournament taking place at Pebble Beach from 29th November – 1st December 2012.
The tournament will celebrate Ballesteros’s life and raise money for the Seve Ballesteros Foundation with a par-3 tournament on Pebble Beach’s Peter Hay Golf Course. Seve Ballesteros set up the foundation, in partnership with Cancer Research UK, in 2009 to raise money for research into brain tumours. Seve was diagnosed with a brain tumour in October 2008 and it took his life less than three years later.
The event will bring together teams of amateur golfers playing for the Legends Trophy in a Ryder Cup-like format, with each team captained by a well-known celebrity or golfing legend. Play will take place amid a festive environment with live music and DJs, fine food and wine, TV screens broadcasting from around the course and more attractions.
Confirmed celebrity captains include the following, with more celebrities and golfing legends to be announced in the ensuing weeks:
• Piers Morgan, journalist and host of CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight”
• Jodie Kidd, fashion model and TV personality;
• Len Goodman, judge on “Strictly Come Dancing”;
• Dennis Haysbert, American film and TV actor - “24”, “The Unit”;
• Peter Weller, American film/stage actor and director - “Robocop”, “Star Trek”;
• George Lopez, American film and TV actor, standup comedian;
• Chris Noth, American TV actor - “Sex and the City”, “The Good Wife”;
• Cheech Marin, American comedian and actor - “Cheech & Chong”, “Desperado”;
• Jason Isaacs, film, TV and stage actor – “Harry Potter”, “Brotherhood”;
• Ioan Gruffudd, film and TV actor – “Fantastic Four”, “Amazing Grace”.
The Seve Ballesteros Legends Tournament will be launched in London at The Penthouse of The May Fair Hotel on Tuesday 18th September 2012. Invited guests will enjoy cocktails and canapés and to compete for some great golfing prizes on London’s highest putting green.
Teams of two and four are available for The Seve Ballesteros Legends Tournament and all amateur golfers are invited to participate, with each team member to receive:
• Ground transportation between Monterey Regional Airport (MRY) and Pebble Beach
• Invitation to Opening Night Reception (Wednesday, Nov. 28)
• Four nights lodging (double occupancy) at The Inn at Spanish Bay in Pebble Beach
• Participation in the Legends Tournament, including food and beverages throughout the event
• Post-tournament Champagne Reception and Gala Dinner with live entertainment, prizes and charity auction at the exclusive Beach & Tennis Club in Pebble Beach (Thursday, Nov. 29)
• One round of golf at The Links at Spanish Bay (Friday, Nov. 30)
• One round of golf at Pebble Beach Golf Links (Saturday, Dec. 1)
• Official team golf shirt and luxury goodie bag
• Invitation to Closing Reception (following golf on Dec. 1)
Registration per team of four is GBP 20,000 +vat, with fundraising from the Legends Tournament going to the Seve Ballesteros Foundation.
“I am very happy that Seve’s Foundation will benefit from the Seve Ballesteros Legends Tournament at Pebble Beach this year,” said Ivan Ballesteros, Vice-President of the Seve Ballesteros Foundation. “Seve played at Pebble Beach many times throughout his career and loved its challenges, so it is fitting that a tournament is played there to honor him. Thank you to all the players and celebrities who will come together to make this event a success, helping us raise money and awareness for the foundation in the U.S.”
To participate in the Seve Ballesteros Legends Tournament e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call:
More information about the Seve Ballesteros Legends Tournament is available by visiting www.sevelegends.com.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Superstar Sports in the following categories: Sport, Travel, Media & Marketing, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.