• Winners to be announced at National mediation awards in central London on 27th September
• Numerous nominations received for each award demonstrates extensive use of mediation
• Judges overwhelmed by standard of entries from UK companies and mediators
• PMA to launch new initiative – ‘Mediation Champions’ at The National Mediation Awards
Introducing the National Mediation Awards 2012
The Professional Mediators’ Association (PMA) have been launched to raise the profile of mediation and to celebrate the outstanding contribution that mediators are making to their organisations and to the UK economy. The finalists for the inaugural National Mediation awards 2012 are as follows:
Mediation scheme of the year
• Visit Scotland
• Hertfordshire Police.
• East Sussex County Council.
• University of Southampton.
• Lloyds Banking Group.
Mediation Scheme co-ordinator of the year
• Julie Foster – Hertfordshire Police
• Mary Siddall – University of Southampton
• Chris McCoy – Visit Scotland
In-house mediator of the year
• Leatham Green – East Sussex County Council
• Des Brady – Hertfordshire Police
• Margaret Campbell – Visit Scotland
Best newcomer to mediation
• EDF Energy
• University of Kent
• Surrey and Sussex Probation Trust
Independent Mediator of the year
• Dilys Lloyd
• Madeline Spanswick
• Sarah Barclay
• Sue Pearce
We would like to wish all of the finalists every success. Winners from each award will be announced on the 27th September 2012 at the UK Mediation Academy in Central London.
Introducing a new initiative from the PMA: Mediation Champions
The PMA, working in partnership with The TCM Group, will launch a new initiative at the National Mediation Awards. Mediation Champions will be asked to sign up to national register confirming their commitment to mediation. Below are the 5 commitments that mediation champions sign up to:
1. I will promote mediation wherever possible.
2. I will help to embed mediation into my organisation's culture.
3. I will support my fellow mediators.
4. I will use mediation skills in my day to day work.
5. I will support and promote the PMA practice standards.
To find out more and to become a mediation champion, click here
Mediation is becoming a credible tool for resolving workplace, employment and consumer disputes
Increasing numbers of UK businesses, public bodies and Whitehall Departments are now using mediation to resolve challenging and ongoing workplace, employment and consumer disputes.
The mediation profession is reaching a level of maturity as this innovative approach for resolving disputes gains credibility and recognition. Mediation is now becoming an important business activity delivering incredible benefits for companies and their employees. The benefits of mediation reported by many business leaders include reduced costs, reduced threat of court action plus a happier and more motivated workforce.
David Liddle, President of the PMA, commented at the announcement of the nominations for the National Mediation Awards:
“Every day, I meet professional mediators who make outstanding contributions to their organisations. Mediators are the unsung heroes of the modern workplace. The National Mediation Awards ensure that UK mediators, for the first time, will receive the acknowledgement and the appreciation that they rightly deserve.”
Each award has been assessed by a judging panel made up of some of the top names from the UK’s mediation industry.
What is mediation?
Mediation is a process of dispute resolution whereby a neutral third party (the mediator) is invited to intervene in a dispute to support the parties to find a constructive resolution. Mediation is proven to avoid the emotional distress and costs of lengthy grievance and disciplinary procedures. Mediators are impartial and, unlike formal procedures, mediators do not make a judgment about who is right or wrong. Mediators facilitate open and honest discussions between the parties. The mediation process is voluntary and confidential.
A copy of this press release can be downloaded from here.
Notes to editors:
• Click here for a pdf version of this news release
• The Professional Mediators' Association exists to promote excellence in all aspects of business, workplace, employment and consumer mediation.
• Visit www.professionalmediator.org for more information and to download a membership pack.
• For press and media enquiries, or to arrange an interview, please contact David Liddle on 020 7404 3186 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Professional Mediators' Association in the following categories: Business & Finance, Education & Human Resources, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.