Chocolate Week, the nations favourite themed week starts today with a whole host of events taking place across the country. Since Chocolate Week started in 2006 the British chocolate market has grown a staggering 21% and is now worth £3.8bilion*.
The week builds up to its grand finale, Chocolate Unwrapped this weekend in London. Featuring more than 60 exhibitors with top British chocolatiers and chocolate companies as well as international chocolate makers from around the world. Exhibitors include Rococo, Hotel Chocolat, Paul a Young, William Curley, Damian Allsop, Chococo, Artisan du Chocolat, Divine, Thorntons, Lindt and many more.
Around 7000 visitors are expected to attend the show where they can taste some of the best chocolate in the world, unusual flavours and classic pairings.
• Unusual flavours – ‘Black Pudding, calvados and caramelised apple’ truffle from Paul a Young, Hay chocolate from Sir Hans Sloane, Japanese black vinegar from William Curley.
• New launches: Salted chocolate toffee & hazelnut praline from Rococo, Ginger Thins from Divine, a chocolate & pistachio naan bread from Pistachio Rose and Chai tea almond from The Chocolatier.
• Demonstrations and tastings from top chocolatiers and experts
• Chocolate sculptures and a Roast & Conch chocolate café.
Chocolate Week was set up to promote fine flavour chocolate, the independent artisan chocolatiers and the chocolate companies who work in direct partnership with the cocoa farmers. It aims to encourage consumers to pay a fairer price for their chocolate.
• For more details on the week and participants visit ChocolateWeek.co.uk
• For more information on Chocolate Unwrapped visit chocolateunwrapped.co.uk
• Twitter: @ChocolateWeek and http://www.facebook.com/chocolateweek
• For a video of Chocolate Unwrapped click here (also on the homepage of the site)
• *According to Mintel
• Chocolate Week wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for these great companies: Divine Chocolate, Thorntons, Hotel Chocolat and Grenada Tourism.
For more information on the week, the show or for an informed spokesperson to talk about chocolate and the UK chocolate industry, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org mbl: 07855 979828 or email@example.com mbl: 07801 442733
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Nudge Communications LTD in the following categories: Entertainment & Arts, Food & Drink, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.