the system has brought to light £100,000 of over taken annual leave which we have been able to rectify
CODICOTE, UK, Oct. 9, 2012 — Kronos Incorporated today announced that Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has made further savings as a result of implementing its SMART workforce management solution. The roll out of e-Rostering and time and attendance has yielded £100,000 savings by reducing the incidence of over taken annual leave by staff, in addition to an on-going savings of over £300,000 per annum. The accuracy of data within the SMART system enables managers to monitor staff activities more closely and more effectively.
• 3,150 staff including 1,500 nurses now use SMART e-Rostering and time and attendance.
• All non-medical staff will be covered by the system by the end of the current financial year.
• Doctors will be moved onto e-Rostering in next phase of the project.
• Tangible savings due to SMART supports the business case for introducing automated e Rostering, namely an annual savings of:
o £125,000 in payroll administration time based on 3,150 staff including 1,500 nurses and 4 full-time equivalents (FTEs)
o £100,000 saved in over taken annual leave
o £23,000 as a result of staff now working the correct hours
o £18,000 by paying staff the correct rates
o £150,000 by reducing bank and agency spend
• Ian Child, financial controller, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
“The benefits of automated e-Rostering are clear to both staff and nurses. They value the SMART system for its simplicity, openness, and fairness. As the implementation reaches its conclusion we are finding unforeseen benefits. For example, the system has brought to light £100,000 of over taken annual leave which we have been able to rectify. There are fewer payroll errors and our highly talented clinicians are free to dedicate the majority of their precious time to delivering the best possible care to patients in the region.”
• Tristan Spencer, director, SMART, A Kronos Solution
“Workforce management solutions deliver huge efficiency benefits to healthcare organsations like Basildon and Thurrock by ensuring that optimised staff rosters are implemented. Increased management reporting capabilities can also highlight additional areas for cost savings and efficiency gains. Both staff and Trust benefit from the transparency and fairness of a central system that enforces policy and treats all staff equally, leading to improved staff retention and better care for patients.”
• The National Health Service (NHS) is one of the largest employers in the world, and is the biggest in Europe, with more than 1.3 million staff.
• Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust serves the 400,000 population of Basildon and Thurrock in south west Essex as well as residents in the neighbouring districts of Billericay and Brentwood and Castle Point. Every year, the Foundation Trust treats 63,000 inpatients, 270,000 outpatients and attends over 90,000 A&E patients. Local people, patients, and staff can become members and have a say in the healthcare services provided. The organisation aims to offer high quality, effective, and efficient patient care with a mission to remain the hospital of choice for local people.
• SMART is a workforce management solution widely used by the UK’s NHS across England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. SMART enables NHS and other health organisations to meet their patient quality care objectives, including the Quality, Innovation, Productivity, and Prevention (QIPP) agenda in England, by optimising staff and ensuring that quality patient care is delivered as efficiently as possible. To learn more about the SMART solution, visit www.smart-rostering.co.uk.
• Kronos acquired SMART in April 2012.
• Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
• Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
• Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SMART, A Kronos Solution
+44 (0)1438 822229
+44 (0) 1491 639500
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of PR Artistry Limited in the following categories: Health, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.