In honour of Daniel Craig’s third offering as James Bond in the new 007 film Sky Fall (released nationwide 26th October), The Sportsman Casino celebrates Casino Royale – the film which launched Craig’s Bond career and injected the British franchise with new life – with a look at the top 10 casino films, Bond’s favourite Vesper Martini and a how-to guide to Texas Hold ‘Em.
The Sportsman’s Top 10 Casino Films
1. Casino Royale
3. The Hangover
4. Oceans 11
5. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
8. The Croupier
9. Bugsy Malone
10. The Cooler
How to play Texas Hold ’Em
Getting started – A poker game is played between 2 to 10 players. A dealer will deal two cards to each player face down to start the game. These are called hole cards. To win a game, a player must show the best five-card ‘hand’ made up of two hole cards, the flop cards, turn card and river card – more on these later.
Betting – two players to the left of the dealer pay blinds – two initial bets put on the table to start betting. Based on each players’ two cards, they now have the opportunity clockwise, to call (match the value of the blind), raise (bet at least double the amount of the blind), or fold (withdraw from the hand).
Playing – after the first round of betting, the dealer will flip three cards face-side up onto the table – this is called the flop. Three more betting rounds take place, in between which the dealer produces another two cards called the turn and the river. Players now match their hole cards with the five cards flipped by the dealer to complete their poker hand.
Winning – the time has come for players to show their hand. To win, a player needs to have the best five-card poker hand. These range from a royal flush, the highest possible hand, to a full house, three of a kind and straight flushes.
The Sportsman Casino host private poker tournaments for groups. For more information, go to www.thesportsmancasino.com
Bond’s Vesper Martini
“Bond’s Vesper Martini – revealed to be named after his love interest, in Casino Royale – is dry, cool and strong, just like James Bond,” says Michelle Martino, bartender at The Sportsman Casino. “We do get people at the casino asking for it, keen to have another part of the 007 experience while they gamble!”
• 1 oz (30 mL) or three parts gin
• 1/2 oz (15 mL) or one part vodka
• 1/4 oz (7.5 mL) Kina Lillet
• Lemon twist for garnish
Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon-peel.
For further media information: On The Sportsman Casino or its in-house restaurant Zaman please contact Michelle Fowler on 0207 284 6953 or via email email@example.com. Photos available on request.
Notes to Editors:
- The Sportsman Casino, Old Quebec Street, London, W1H 7AF. To find out more about The Sportsman, visit www.thesportsmancasino.com/
- The complex also includes an events space available for corporate functions or private hire
- The Sportsman is a world-class gaming establishment in London’s West End where classic style combines with state-of-the-art technology.
- It is part of London Clubs International - a Caesars Entertainment Property.
- The Sportsman offers a unique loyalty programme, Player Rewards, enabling gamers to earn reward points each time they play and benefit from a wide range of advantages the LCI group.
- Know when to stop before you start
Gamble Aware: http://www.gambleaware.co.uk/
Drink Aware: http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/
Challenge 21: http://www.challenge21.co.uk/
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The PR Office in the following categories: Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.