• itSMF UK names creme de la crème in Service Management
London, UK – 23rd October 2012 – itSMF UK, the UK’s largest service management user group with over 12,000 members, today announced details of the finalists for this year’s Service Management Awards. The glittering awards dinner is the icing on the cake of the annual itSMF UK Conference, which will be held at the Novotel London West on 5th and 6th November 2012.
Each year itSMF UK hosts awards to honour the stars in Service Management and to recognise the achievements of those who have shown real leadership, imagination and skill in addressing service management challenges within their organisations.
Colin Rudd, Chairman of the itSMF UK, comments:
“It’s very satisfying to see people recognised for their hard work and inspiration. It’s also important to showcase real-life projects that have been completed - hearing about the issues that member organisations have faced and the strategies they have put in place to improve customer service can really bring the details to life and indirectly solve problems that other organisations may be battling.”
itSMF’s annual awards ceremony will take place during the evening of Monday 5th November and this year’s gala dinner is extra special, as the conference celebrates its 21st birthday.
There are nine highly competitive categories this year:
• Service Management Project of the Year – Finalists: Vodafone, The Co-operative Banking Group, Avis Budget Group
• Service Innovation of the Year – Finalists: Stockport Council, Sunrise Software, Fife Council, Telefonica UK Ltd
• Service Management Team of the Year – Finalists: The Co-operative Banking Group, HM Land Registry, Foster & Partners
• Submission of the Year – Finalists: Ian Macdonald, The Co-operative Banking Group; Kevin Holland, Independent Consultant; Andrea Kis, Macmillan Cancer Support and Matthew Burrows, BSM impact
• Trainer of the Year – Finalists: Peter Saul, Smatra, Duncan Anderson, Global Knowledge
• Contributor of the Year – Finalists: Stuart Wright, Severn Valley ITSM; Jane Suter, Red Tiger Consultancy; Martin Neville, Audit Commission; Mike O'Brien, ILX Group; Alison Cartlidge, Steria; Steve Straker, Fujitsu Services
• Paul Rappaport Award for Outstanding Contribution to ITSM Service Management: Presented to an individual who has made a sustained and outstanding contribution over a number of years to the field of IT service management. Finalists are not publicised for this award.
• Student of the Year - ITIL – Finalists: Peter Mullett, Identity and Passport Service (EI - BCS);
John Hyde, Emerson(EI-APMG); Paul Williamson, RFI Global Services (EI - PeopleCert)
• Student of the Year - ISO/IEC 20000 – Finalists: John Griffiths, Fox IT; Richard Stone, Fox IT; Martin Lee Hall, ITSM Consulting; David Lucas, BT; Paige Lattimer, Capita; Michele Campbell, Capita
For more information about the itSMF UK Conference and Awards, please contact email@example.com or call 0118 900 1134.
- ENDS -
About the itSMF UK
Established over 20 years ago, the itSMF UK boasts over 12,000 members, 60 percent of which are from FTSE 100 companies spanning all vertical markets in the UK. The itSMF UK’s raison d’être is to help organisation and individuals deliver operational efficiency, service improvement and best practice in IT Service Management. The itSMF UK connects IT professionals with appropriate knowledge, networks and training programmes to help them better understand complex evolving IT infrastructures. Through the itSMF members can gain and learn from the experience of thousands of their IT peers. itSMF UK members are entitled to significant discounts on the latest ITSM publications and events, including seminars and an industry-leading Annual Conference, plus free attendance at Regional meetings and Special Interest Groups (SIGS). To find out more please go to www.itsmf.co.uk or call 0118 918 6500.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of C8 Consulting in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.