NAKIVO enables small business reach one of the most affordable public clouds for secure offsite storage of their VM backups.
October 30, 2012 - CAMPBELL, CA. NAKIVO, Inc. - the leader in affordable VM backup solutions - announced today the general availability of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v1.0 and support for Dropbox, an easy to use, cost effective offsite cloud storage for VM backups.
• NAKIVO Backup & Replication is the first to support VM backup directly to Dropbox which enables one of the most affordable VM cloud backup solutions in the market: 0.5TB of cloud storage is under 50 US Dollars($) per month.
• In addition to backing up locally, remotely, and to Dropbox, NAKIVO Backup & Replication is the first to provide VM backup directly to Amazon EC2. With industry-leading pricing, high upload speeds, encryption, and configurable access rules, Amazon EC2 is the optimal offsite backup destination for businesses of any size.
• NAKIVO Backup & Replication is roughly ½ the price of the competition. Starting out with just 199 US Dollars($) per socket for the Essentials edition and 399 US Dollars($) for the Pro edition (both including 1 year of free support and upgrades to major versions), NAKIVO Backup & Replication is the most affordable VM data protection solution on the market.
• NAKIVO Backup & Replication installs in literally 60 seconds and is so simple to use that a new user can become an expert with the product in just a few minutes. The next-gen, Web 2.0 UI enables managing all aspects of data protection at any time and from anywhere, even from a tablet. NAKIVO Backup & Replication monitors protected infrastructure and VMs 24/7, notifies users of problems and changes, automatically protects new VMs, provides configurable VM prioritization and job grouping for easier management.
• Nakivo Backup & Replication stays current with latest vSphere technology including the vSphere 5.1 release and can be installed on recently released Windows 8 and Windows 2012 server. Being VM OS and storage agnostic, the product can back up any VMs to any storage.
• With changed block tracking making sure only changed data is transferred, compression that reduces the data size, direct SAN support for ultra-fast transfer speeds, and multi-threaded VM processing NAKIVO Backup & Replication is up to 40% faster than the competition.
• NAKIVO Backup & Replication supports live Exchange, Active Directory, MS SQL, Oracle, and other applications. Should any infrastructure error occur, failed operations are automatically retried multiple times and notifications are sent to the administrator. Data in the repository is stored in full synthetic mode, enabling to restore a VM from any recovery point even if other increments are lost or damaged.
• With NAKIVO Backup & Replication data travels over an SSL-encrypted tunnel secured by AES-256 encryption (approved by NIST, NSA, and FIPS), the very same type of security used by banks and military to transfer confidential data.
• NAKIVO Backup & Replication automatically de-duplicates backed up data at the block level, which dramatically reduces space utilization. On top of that, the de-duplicated blocks are compressed to ensure that the least amount of space is used. This combination results in up to 30x reduction of space required to keep backups.
• Though designed for small business, NAKIVO Backup & Replication can scale out easily and support environments with 10,000+ VMs. The product has been tested to protect 1,000+ VMs and back up/replicate between continents across half the planet.
• Out of the box, NAKIVO Backup & Replication comes in English, French, and Spanish languages.
“A sound data protection strategy requires keeping business-critical VM backups offsite, yet most small businesses have only a single office and budget for only onsite backups, leaving their business vulnerable. Our mission is to help small businesses protect their business-critical VMs, both on- and offsite. Today we are proud to announce the general availability of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v1.0 - the industry’s most affordable VM backup solution for local, remote, and public cloud backup.”
Bruce Talley, CEO, NAKIVO Inc.
“There is clearly a need for a VM data protection application that is easy to use yet feature rich. NAKIVO has made clear strides in addressing that demand and is certainly a product that companies in the SMB space should consider when looking for a data protection solution more tailored to their reality.”
George Crump, Lead Analyst, Storage Switzerland
“With NAKIVO I’m able to deliver on promises that I made to my client over 1 year ago. My client is a small business but their business is email driven so they need non-stop computing. At last with vSphere Essentials Plus and NAKIVO, and a very reasonable investment in hardware, I can guarantee maximum 5 minutes loss of data entry and 10 minutes downtime for less than they spend on a company picnic.“
Jim Rankin, Technical Manager, Praizar Ltd
“Easy and very fast in operation, NAKIVO Backup & Replication is solid solution with a nice design and powerful functionality including support for offsite clouds. You get the flexibility in configuring backup and replication parameters that is beyond expectations - I’ve never seen this type of granularity in other software solutions.“
Davide Bassetto, External IT Technician, Infovi Srl
“I absolutely like NAKIVO Backup & Replication for its time saving performance, and storage saving deduplication. With NAKIVO Backup & Replication I can pick the recovery point and it restores a consistent VM, even when the repository has been moved to a different place.”
Thomas Mc Comb, Development Systems Manager, Sungard
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, California NAKIVO is a privately-held, innovative, and forward-looking company that develops and markets a line of next generation data protection products for small business. NAKIVO is focused on customer feedback and innovation enabling simple, fast, and affordable VM backup and replication onsite and offsite to leading storage cloud providers including Amazon and Dropbox.
Find out more at www.nakivo.com: Product page|Datasheet|Feature set|Screenshots|Videos
Director of Marketing, NAKIVO
Tel.: +1 408 916 5915
Tags: VM Backup|Business Continuity|Cloud Backup|Data Protection|Disaster Recovery|Deduplication|NAKIVO|VM Replication|Recovery
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Nakivo in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.