For immediate release: 12 November 2012
Choose the right HRT for you
Choosing the right type and form of HRT to suit your needs isn’t easy, and many women become confused by the wide range of products available. Do you need oestrogen-only or combined oestrogen and progesterone? Are ‘bleed’ HRT or period-free products most suitable? Should you opt for tablets, patches, implants, skin gels or vaginal preparations?
In the Autumn 2012 issue of The Menopause Exchange newsletter, pharmacist Norma Goldman, founder and director of The Menopause Exchange, has written the first in a three-part series of articles on choosing HRT products. HRT Choices (Part 1) looks at HRT tablets, explaining their differences and similarities. Part 2 (in the Winter 2012/13 issue) will look at transdermal patches, oestrogen skin gels and implants. Part 3 (in Spring 2013) will look at vaginal oestrogen products.
“Women need to decide on the right HRT form and type for them with the help of their healthcare professional,” says Norma Goldman. “My article can be used as a useful reference guide. I have included brand names as well as the type of progesterone, so that women can understand more about the suitability and usage of different products.”
The Menopause Exchange, which was established in 1999, is completely independent and is not sponsored by any companies. It aims to provide unbiased and easily understood information to women and healthcare professionals. The information provided is designed to enable women to make informed decisions about their own health and wellbeing.
Other articles in the Autumn 2012 issue of the newsletter include pharmacy help for the menopause, anxiety at the menopause and thyroid problems. We also have book reviews, news and our ‘Ask the experts’ page.
Take a look at Norma Goldman’s video ‘The Menopause – keep your cool’ on the home page of The Menopause Exchange website to hear general information on the menopause. Benefit from her top ten tips on how to cope with your symptoms, with information on HRT, complementary therapies and self-help lifestyle measures.
Visit The Menopause Exchange website at www.menopause-exchange.co.uk.
For more information on The Menopause Exchange, write to The Menopause Exchange at PO Box 205, Bushey, Herts WD23 1ZS, call 020 8420 7245, fax 020 8954 2783 or send an
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES FOR EDITORS
1. The Menopause Exchange was launched in June 1999.
2. Articles in previous issues of The Menopause Exchange newsletter include: The perimenopause; Menopausal symptoms you may not recognise; HRT questions you forgot to ask your doctor; Treating vaginal dryness; Eating for the menopause; Ageing past the menopause; Weight gain; and Premature menopause.
3. The founder and director of The Menopause Exchange is Norma Goldman, a pharmacist with a Master’s degree in health promotion. She gives talks on the menopause to employees in the workplace and hospitals, women and women’s groups, healthcare professionals, GP practices, organisations, health clubs and at exhibitions. Her daughter, Victoria, the editor of the newsletter, is an experienced health journalist with a BSc. degree in Biomedical Science and a Master’s degree in Science Communication.
4. The aim of The Menopause Exchange is to raise the awareness of the menopause among women, healthcare professionals (e.g. nurses and pharmacists) and complementary practitioners.
5. All press enquiries to Norma Goldman on 020 8420 7245.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Menopause Exchange in the following categories: Health, Medical & Pharmaceutical, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.