Third Door gives people flexibility and choice so they can combine a fulfilling career with one of the most rewarding jobs there is - being a parent.
Third Door (Workhub & Nursery) was chosen as the venue to announce flexible parental leave and extending the right to request flexible working to everyone.
14 Nov – The Cabinet Press Office chose innovative Putney based business, Third Door (Workhub & Nursery) as the venue to unveil Deputy Prime Minister’s keynote speech on flexible parental leave and the right to request flexible working to everyone, not just parents.
Third Door (Workhub & Nursery) provides parents both a flexible professional workspace to work from and more importantly, a flexible daycare Nursery that fits around their needs as a working parent.
Shazia, the cofounder of Third Door said, “Last week, the press team for the Cabinet Office approached Third Door as a possible venue for the Deputy Prime Ministers keynote speech.
Flexibility is core to what we provide at Third Door and the press team were very excited to have found us in their web search as Third Door ticked so many boxes for them including shared parental duties and flexible childcare”.
Nick Clegg was interviewed by the media from the Third Door Nursery. He also made time to meet the children in the Nursery and their parents in the Workhub.
Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said:
"As a Government we want to give parents more choice so it was fantastic to visit Third Door and see for myself the service they are providing for working mums and dads and their children."
"Like many of the best ideas it is a brilliantly simple concept, but one that took two truly inspirational people to think up. Third Door gives people flexibility and choice so they can combine a fulfilling career with one of the most rewarding jobs there is - being a parent."
One half of the Third Door Workhub was converted into a conference room where Shazia introduced the Deputy Prime Minister to an audience of 80 people including Third Door members.
Shazia welcomes the announcement with open arms, stating, “It’s about time we did move into the 21st Century and today’s announcement is certainly one step closer. Third Door is already ahead of the game having met a gap in the market for flexible Nurseries and allowing fathers to be able to spend quality time with their child during the working week and not just weekends. We are thrilled with the endorsement from the Deputy Prime Minister and hope that in the not too distance future that there are Third Door facilities throughout the UK”.
For more information and to see a video of what the space looks like, go to Third Door website or call Shazia on 0208 8770098.
Notes for Editors
About Third Door
The company was set up by husband and wife team Yusuf Chadun and Shazia Mustafa. They are parents to three young children, the youngest being 4 months old. The idea for the business came about when Shazia tried to brainstorm business ideas with a friend after the birth of her first child. But she found it was impossible to get anything done while looking after her daughter. It was her light bulb moment – she realised there needed to be a way to provide parents with flexible childcare for the times they needed it. Yusuf used the idea for his MBA dissertation and was awarded a distinction. The two put the idea into action and opened their first Third Door premises in May 2010 in Wandsworth, South West London. The company has aggressive expansion plans and aims to open similar facilities across the country in parent-centric residential areas.
Third Door is for working parents of babies, toddlers and pre-school children The company provides a flexible workspace for parents to work from, and a flexible Nursery for their child/children within the same building, so that the parent can work solidly without any interruption while content that their child is being looked after close by. Both Nursery and Workhub also operate as standalone services and many businesses have took advantage of the beautiful meeting room which as all the amenities available for a productive meeting.
How it works:
• Members buy a monthly package and are able to book the sessions and hours they need via a bespoke online booking system.
• Members are able to upgrade their package (in the Nursery, this is subject to availability) and similarly, are able to downgrade their packages such as when they are on holiday.
• Third Door offers pay as you go option for both the Nursery and the Workhub. This is a great option for those parents whose work is more sporadic and do not want to commit on a monthly basis.
• The Workhub also attracts professionals who do not need to use the nursery due to the professional amenities available to them
• Parents have access to flexible, quality, affordable childcare whenever they want, especially helps those parents whose work working patterns change on a weekly basis.
• Able to upgrade and downgrade their package.
• Feel at ease that their child is being cared for only metres away so they can tend to child if the need arises
• Save time on long stressful commutes into work
• Avoid the stress involved in rushing to drop off/pick-up their child/children from childcare
• In particular, fathers can spend time with their child during the working day
• Network and collaborate within a local community of similar minded professional
• Access to professional workshops and seminars as well as those for parents and children.
For images, interviews or further information on Third Door, please contact Shazia Mustafa, Third Door (Workhub & Nursery), Tel: 0208 8770098 and 07976139506, Email: Shazia@third-door.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Third Door (Workhub & Nursery) in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Women's Interest & Beauty, Business & Finance, Education & Human Resources, Media & Marketing, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.