Patient care is key, and when staff are not in the right place at the right time, Real Time Hospital enables us to get them there quicker
CODICOTE, UK, 21 Oct., 2012 — Kronos Incorporated today announced that Royal Cornhill Hospital, part of NHS Grampian, has gone live in all 19 wards with SMART workforce management e-rostering and Real Time Hospital solutions. The e-rostering system allows ward managers to build more efficient rosters for staff, and the Real Time Hospital patient/nurse acuity solution provides immediate information on staffing levels and skills mix, supporting more effective and efficient deployment of staff.
• Royal Cornhill is the first hospital at NHS Grampian to benefit from SMART e-rostering and Real Time Hospital and the implementation project will help form a template for roll out to the rest of the Health Board.
• E-rostering and Real Time Hospital are being used to determine the movement of staff, and to balance numbers and skills mix in wards between qualified and non-qualified staff. This means that decisions are made from a position of knowledge, enabling staff resources to be optimised to meet patient care requirements.
• The roll out of the system at Royal Cornhill has confirmed that the system is quick and easy to use. Ward managers are able to input information into the system in a short amount of time. This replaces previous paper-based systems that were far less efficient, releasing ward managers back to patient care and managing their teams.
• Daily returns for each ward are now being replaced with electronic returns, saving significant amounts of time for ward managers, administration staff, and management.
• The Health Board is now starting to build a library of information to support trend analysis of staff/patient ratios on a daily basis. This will facilitate long-term analysis of establishment figures and organisational learning.
• The real-time nature of Real Time Hospital allows effective contingency planning, so that in the event of a major incident, managers will have immediate visibility of what staff are working where and will be able to redeploy staff to best suit the situation.
• Neil Buchanan, Efficiency and Productivity programme manager, Grampian NHS
“The implementation of SMART e-rostering and Real Time Hospital at Royal Cornhill is going well and we are encouraged by the results we have seen so far. Patient care is key, and when staff are not in the right place at the right time, Real Time Hospital enables us to get them there quicker.”
• Tristan Spencer, director, SMART, A Kronos Solution
“NHS Grampian is live with both e-rostering and patient/nurse acuity, and is very much leading the way in Scotland. In a busy hospital environment, being able to respond quickly to patient demand is crucial. E-rostering provides part of the solution to ensure staffing levels and skills mixes are balanced and efficient. Real Time Hospital, as the name suggests, provides the up to the minute information to allow ward managers to respond effectively to day to day situations.”
• The National Health Service (NHS) is one of the largest employers in the world, and is the largest in Europe, with more than 1.3 million staff.
• NHS Grampian provides services for the half-million people who live in the Grampian region of Scotland, and are overseen by one single NHS Board. NHS Grampian consists of acute services, corporate services and three Community Health Partnerships and works closely with the local authorities. NHS Grampian is also very closely linked with both the University of Aberdeen and The Robert Gordon University, especially in the fields of research, workforce planning and training.
• SMART is a workforce management solution widely used by the UK’s NHS across England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. SMART enables NHS and other health organisations to meet their patient quality care objectives, including the Quality, Innovation, Productivity, and Prevention (QIPP) agenda in England, by optimising staff and ensuring that quality patient care is delivered as efficiently as possible.
To learn more about the SMART solution, visit www.smart-rostering.co.uk.
• Kronos acquired SMART in April 2012.
• Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
• Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
• Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SMART, A Kronos Solution
+44 (0)1438 822229
+44 (0) 1491 639500
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of PR Artistry Limited in the following categories: Health, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.