Around 150 recruitment & HR specialists and suppliers working in the £70bn turnover UK food and beverage sector attended last week’s very first ever Yourfoodjob.com YourFoodJob.com People Awards, run in partnership with Recruiter magazine.
Talking at the event at the Lowry Hotel in Manchester, YourFoodJob.com (http://www.yourfoodjob.com) director Michael Staniland said: “This is the only talent management ceremony dedicated to highlighting the extraordinary effort carried out by the leading HR professionals of the food and drinks sector.”
Tony Allen, general manager at Macclesfield based YourFoodJob.com, said “the awards are distinctive in the food and drinks industry because they are the only ones that “celebrate people”, adding “The industry sometimes forgets it’s the people that make the industry what it is”.
Also attending was Anna Fleetwood, head of recruitment communications at Manchester’s Feather Brooksbank – winner of two awards including the top “Grand Prix” award for its brand development work with leading supermarket WM Morrison’s. Anna said “winning the awards was a beautiful surprise and it reflected all the hard work by ourselves and Morrison’s to change their perceived position in the market”.
The awards, which were hosted by the excellent Warrington-born comedian Paul Thorne, were sponsored by Blackbridge, The Brewery, Focus Management Consultants, just-food, Market Intelligence, and Telegraph Media Group.
See the full list of awards winners below:
• Best Employer Brand Development: andsome – EAT
• Most Innovative Recruitment Initiative: Pink Squid – YO!
• Most Effective Equality & Inclusiveness Programme: Guy’s and St Thomas’
• Excellence in Learning & Development: People 1st
• Outstanding Employee Engagement Strategy: Zest Recruitment Solutions
• Excellence Through Technology: andsome for Eat & Raymond Blanc Cookery
• Best Graduate Recruitment Campaign: Pink Squid – Kraft Foods
• Team of the Year: Fresca Group (Mack Multiples)
• Best Careers Website: Thirty Three – Heinz
• Most Desirable Employer (voted for by candidates): Allied Bakeries
• Grand Prix: Feather Brooksbank – Morrison’s
For photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/89966143@N03/
Website - http://www.yourfoodjob.com/article/1061344/yfj-people-awards...
For more information contact Tony Allen on 01625 502947
About Yourfoodjob: Based in Macclesfield, Cheshire Yourfoodjob .com is the UK’s market leading job board for the food & beverage industry.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Venn Digital in the following categories: Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.