• Revector launches new platform for mobile network operators
• One integrated software suite for anti-fraud and revenue protection tools
• Fully transparent network functionality and performance tool
WOKINGHAM, BERKSHIRE: Revector, a leading UK specialist in detecting and eliminating mobile fraud, today launches Vocal Pony – the first integrated software platform that delivers all the relevant software tools for mobile network operators to reduce fraud activities and protect revenues.
Vocal Pony enables operators to use one platform to:
• Identify and eliminate fraud on mobile networks
• Confirm the accuracy of billing and timing for calls, text messages and data use
• Compare network performance with live call information
• Identify network failures for fast remedy
Available on connected devices including an Android app, Vocal Pony enables mobile operators to plan, manage and protect their networks at the swipe of a finger.
Andy Gent, CEO of Revector, said: “Operators face an increasingly complex and expensive environment in which to combat fraud and protect revenues. Vocal Pony provides one single resource for cost effective fraud detection and revenue protection services. The operator can very easily deploy the service and immediately get information on how the network is performing in order to monitor and eliminate fraud, reduce revenue leakage assess call quality and reliability – all from one application that is easily installed on a mobile handset.”
Available initially to Revector’s global customer base of 125 mobile operators in over 80 countries worldwide, Vocal Pony enhances Revector’s expertise in mobile fraud prevention to increase revenue protection and quality of service support.
Andy Gent continued: “Whatever issues an operator is facing: from infrastructure break down to internal fraud; from call quality issues to mis-billing; Vocal Pony provides a fast and cost effective means to resolve issues and optimise network performance.”
Founded in 2001, Revector creates products and services that enable telecommunications companies to quickly and effectively counter fraud. Working with operators including Vodafone, , Hutchison Three, Zain, Digicel, Etisalat, Telenor, Tele2, Tigo, MTS, NTT DoCoMo, Bharti Airtel Rogers, T-Mobile and Cable & Wireless, Revector’s products have enabled mobile network operators to remove millions of dollars’ worth of fraudulent activity from their networks. To find out more visit www.revector.com
About GSM gateway or SIM box fraud:
SIM box fraud occurs when the cost of terminating national or international calls exceeds the cost of a local mobile to mobile call in a particular country. Individuals and organisations buy multiple SIM cards and sell capacity to terminate calls on the open market. This leads to lost revenues for mobile network operators. SIM box fraud is illegal since those who undertake it are not licensed to provide telecommunications services in the country. Consumers will be unaware that their call is being routed via a SIM box but may experience a reduced quality of call or a reduction in telecommunications services, such as caller line identity.
GSM Gateway/SIM Box Fraud – facts:
• A recent report from Juniper Research reported that mobile network operators were losing $58 billion a year to billing errors and fraud
• Communications Fraud Control Association (CFCA) estimates that in 2011 the cost of SIM Box/GSM Gateway fraud to the telecoms industry was more than $4.5 billion
• 89% of operators surveyed by CFCA said fraud losses had increased or stayed the same since 2008
Tel: +44 7834 020460
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of XL Communications in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.