Attention spans are shrinking, and employee tolerance joined with a do-it-yourself mentality has them chomping at the bit for solutions, yesterday.
London, UK - December 13, 2012 – Vineet Jain, CEO of Egnyte, the leading provider of cloud file sharing infrastructure for business, today shared his thoughts on major themes for 2013 in the Cloud Market. Throughout next year, he believes the following five themes will dominate the cloud industry and guide new developments.
1. We can rebuild IT, we have the technology – and the technology is changing the way that IT works. Over the years, we’ve learned a few things from the Six Million Dollar man, and IT is going to have to be faster and stronger to keep up with the tech revolution. That means a class of IT pros who are as likely to have MBAs and Product Management pedigrees as they are to be gamers and nerds.
2. Reduce, reuse, recycle – is not just a mantra for plastics anymore, and Enterprise companies are going to be focused on these three things. Reducing costs and redundancies by using cloud solutions. Reusing what they’ve already invested in, why throw it away if you can cloud enable it? Finally, recycling the old ideas we wanted to throw away because our minds were clouded by the cloud. Focus is on the fundamentals for 2013.
3. Beam me up scotty – Gone are the days of year long sales cycles, lengthy POCs and 12-18 month implementation plans. Enterprises will have to catch up to the craziness caused by BYOD, BYOW, and all the other acronyms that crowded 2012. And what’s more, IT will have to do it at warp speeds or get lost in the ether.
4. Enterprise is the new black – Ok, so last year Hybrid was the new black, but as Heidi Klum says about the fashion world, one day you’re in, and the next day you’re out (well not totally). With consumer IPOs tanking, we’re going back to the basics, and enterprise software that’s designed to have a real ROI and business use is where it’s at.
5. Welcome to the Data Revolution – while many in the world are looking to create borders, the enterprise will try and remove them. This year we’ll see a move to disaggregate data access from data location. Behind the firewall, third party cloud, public cloud, in the closet, under a bed, enterprises will want to control where the data lives, but want employees to do their work without worrying about accessing it.
“Predicting the next 12 months of movement in the tech industry is always difficult, but talking with many of our customers, it became clear that IT and the Enterprise stand front and center,” said Vineet Jain, CEO, Egnyte. “As we move from traditional enterprise product life cycles to steady streams of enhancements and new features, it’s inevitable that it will affect everything from sales cycles to implementation cycles and more. IT will have to take a business use case approach to building products for internal consumption, and they’ll have to do it in a quarter the time. Attention spans are shrinking, and employee tolerance joined with a do-it-yourself mentality has them chomping at the bit for solutions, yesterday.”
These predictions are based not only on personal observation, but also on data collected from a variety of sources.
Over 1 billion files are shared daily by businesses using Egnyte Hybrid Cloud file server. Egnyte´s unique technology provides the speed and security of local storage with the accessibility of the cloud. Users can easily store, share, access and backup files, while IT has the centralized administration and control to enforce business policies. Founded in 2007, Egnyte is based in Mountain View, California and is a privately held company backed by venture capital firms Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Floodgate Fund, and Polaris Venture Partners. For more information, please visit http://www.egnyte.com or call 1-877-7EGNYTE.
• Follow Egnyte on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Egnyte
• Join Egnyte on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Egnyte
• Connect with Egnyte on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/egnyte
020 8237 1107
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Positive Marketing in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.