By buying their insurance before the deadline, some women drivers will be able to save hundreds of pounds
The UK’s biggest specialist insurance broker is staying open until midnight on December 20 to offer last-minute cheap car insurance deals for women drivers.
Under new laws due to come into force the following day, insurers will no longer be able to use gender to rate insurance premiums, with younger women drivers in particular set to see costs rise.
But Adrian Flux Insurance Services, based in Norfolk, is staying open until the last possible minute to give customers every chance of grabbing late deals.
And even if motorist’s policies are due for renewal after December 21, as long as the contract is completed by midnight the cheaper rates still apply.
Staff at the broker, which employs nearly 600 people, will be cross-dressing to mark the final day they will be able to discount policies for women drivers.
Gerry Bucke, general manager at Flux, said they wanted to give female customers every opportunity of taking advantage of cheaper premiums.
“By buying their insurance before the deadline, some women drivers will be able to save hundreds of pounds, and we want to make sure we do everything we can to make it possible,” he added.
“It’s also important that people know that, even if their policy is due for renewal in January, they can renew their contract by December 20 - either by paying early in full or agreeing to a direct debit - and pay the lower premium.”
For decades young men have paid significantly more than young women for their insurance, and there was sound evidence to support the case for this difference.
“Young men are twice as likely to claim on their insurance policy than young women, and 10 times more likely to have a road accident involving serious injury, where the most costly claims occur,” said Mr Bucke.
“We don’t agree with the new law - its consequences, intended or not, punish drivers who are generally considered better risks by insurers. So, while we can, we’ll do everything in our power to provide the best deals we can.”
Flux’s top tips to keep your premiums low:
1) Join an owners club to get discounts of up to 15 per cent
2) Fit the best alarm you can afford
3) Avoid collecting points on your licence - even one speeding conviction could see a 10 per cent premium increase
4) Increase your voluntary excess (but make sure you can afford to pay it if you do have a claim)
5) Give an accurate annual mileage figure - don’t pay for miles you’re not travelling
6) Opt for a car with a low insurance group
7) Take an advanced driving course
8) Shop around - comparison websites don’t always have the best premiums
9) If you have more than one car, multi-car policies offer good discounts
10) Adding another named driver to your policy can sometimes bring the cost down
For more information contact Matt Ware on 01553 818550 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes: Adrian Flux provides insurance for virtually anything on four wheels, with a large range of discounted schemes for everything from standard cars to modified motors, supercars, hot hatches, classics, and imports.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Black Vanilla / To The End Media in the following categories: Women's Interest & Beauty, Motoring, Personal Finance, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.