The event for security experts (IT managers, network security managers, etc) and non-specialist decision makers (CEOs, HR directors, directors of legal affairs, etc) from both public and private sectors will be held at the Lille Grand Palais on January 28 and 29 next year
Paris, December 18, 2012 – Jointly organized by the Department of the National Gendarmerie, the Regional Council of Nord-Pas-de-Calais and CEIS, a strategy and risk management consulting firm, FIC 2013 will tackle cybersecurity at a strategic angle, placing emphasis on the geopolitical, sociological, legal, managerial and technological challenges relating to security and trust in cyberspace without leaving out the operational aspects.
The 5th edition of the FIC, an international event dedicated to professionals from public (ministries, government agencies, territorial authorities and public institutions) and private spheres (large corporate conglomerates, SMEs/SMIs, critical infrastructure operators, competitiveness clusters) will take place at the Lille Grand Palais on the 28th and 29th of January 2013.
The International Cybersecurity Forum 2013 will have the honor of welcoming Interior Minister Mr. Manuel Valls for the official opening ceremony on January 28th 2013. After the Minister’s speech, the first plenary session will follow, devoted to the continuum of defense and security in cyberspace, in particular with a lecture given by Patrick Pailloux, the managing director of the ANSSI.
Conferences and round tables, grouped according to three main themes – Governments & administrations, Enterprises (critical infrastructure operators, large corporate entities, SMEs) and Territorial authorities and Public institutions will allow attendees to be informed and exchange ideas on the issues and challenges relating to cybersecurity:
-> Governments & administrations
- Geopolitics and governance in cyberspace
- Sovereignty of data and cloud computing
- New forms of conflict situations in cyberspace
- Information, communication and public order technologies
- NATO, EU: which alliances to make in cybersecurity and cyberdefense?
- Cyberspace law: between the law’s responsiveness and proactiveness
- Cyber terrorism: myths and truths
- The modernization of preventive and investigative means for dealing with criminal offenses
- Perspectives on cyberdefense strategies
- Public-private partnership: how do we create zones of trust?
- Panorama of national cyber-strategies
-> Enterprises (critical infrastructure operators, large corporate entities, SMEs)
- Panorama of cybercrime (CLUSIF)
- Cyberspace and counterfeits
- Cyber delinquency or organized cybercrime: what is the profile of a cybercriminal?
- BYOD, social networks… the new corporate risks
- SCADAs: cybercriminal threats on public transport
- What are the options for individuals and enterprises that have fallen victim to cybercriminals?
- E-money and e-commerce: how secure are the new payment methods?
- HRD and cybersecurity: what are employer’ and employees’ duties?
- SCADAs: which are the threats in energy supplies?
- Identity theft: What are the risks? What are the solutions?
- Is there a market for cybersecurity?
- Advanced Persistent Threat (APTs): real threat or marketing gimmick?
- Ho do we protect smart grids?
- From activism to hacktivism
- Outsourcing: aggravation of the risk or a false problem?
- Hiring, training and coaching cybersecurity professionals
- Telecommunication security
- Banking and financial cybercrime
- E-reputation: what are the risks for individuals and companies?
- New technologies, new uses, new risks
- Secure IT development: how do we integrate upstream security?
- Internet resilience
- Business recovery and continuity plans
- Which security policies should enterprises adopt for their information systems?
- Defensive cyberwarfare and the Security Operation Center: towards dynamic cybersecurity
- Management of cybersecurity professionals: where do hackers stand in the corporate world?
- Cybercrime – an insurable risk?
-> Territorial authorities and Public institutions
- Cybersecurity and public service continuity
- Smart cities: what kind of security is there for tomorrow’s cities?
- Going paperless and electronic archiving
- Economic intelligence: an asset for territorial authorities
- Cybersecurity and health
- What policy should authorities adopt for their information system?
- Open data, release of public data and security
- Building and securing a network of strategic information
Eight thematic sections: Panorama of cybercriminal threats – Cybersecurity strategy – Human resources – E-health – Cybercrime warfare – Sensitive infrastructures – Security of information systems – E-administration will allow participants to take full advantage of the FIC 2013 with a personalized tour adapted to your areas of interest.
To participate in FIC 2013 thank you kindly register with the agency Cymbioz, responsable of FIC 2013 press relations.
About the International Cybersecurity Forum
In the Stockholm Programme for 2010-2015, stepping up the fight against cybercrime has become one of the priorities of the European Union. Convinced of the need to be a key player in this effort, the French National Gendarmerie launched the first edition of the International Forum on Cybercrime in 2007.
The 2013 edition of the FIC (www.fic2013.com) is jointly organized by the Department of the National Gendarmerie, the Regional Council of Nord-Pas-de-Calais and CEIS.
Held in Lille, a pioneering think tank in the fight against cybercrime, the FIC soon became a major event for security stakeholders in cyberspace in light of its international scope and of the great relevance of the themes addressed.
Outside the FIC, the FIC Observatory, co-hosted by the National Gendarmerie, the Regional Council of Nord-Pas-de-Calais and CEIS, is a platform for strategic thinking and exchange hosted throughout the year. It offers permanent monitoring of all the themes developed during conferences and round tables.
Press contact – Agency: Cymbioz – Laëtitia Berché
+33 (0)1 42 97 93 30 / +33 (0)6 14 48 02 95
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Eskenzi PR Limited in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.