up to one fifth of cars on the road will require a new battery, but if properly charged and maintained a battery can last for years longer
Purses are often tight following December’s increased spending, meaning many drivers do not have the cash to spare if their vehicle’s battery fails. Therefore, promising to give a little extra consideration to a car’s battery makes a very practical New Year’s resolution, which will save money in the long run, says CTEK, a global brand of battery protection and charging products.
Many motorists do not give their batteries enough due care and attention, which helps to account for the staggering number of battery related breakdowns that are attended each year by organisations such as the AA or RAC. According to the AA, up to one fifth of cars on the road will require a new battery, but if properly charged and maintained a battery can last for years longer. Most vehicle owners check vehicle components, such as tyre pressures and oil levels, so the following steps can easily be incorporated into any driver’s maintenance routine.
Caring for the outside of the battery
• Disconnect the battery before starting any cleaning.
• Make a solution of one part baking soda to eight parts water – apply to the top and side of the battery with a brush to carefully clean and dry the areas with a cloth.
• Repeat this on the battery’s terminals to ensure maximum current is reaching the starting and electrical systems in the vehicle.
• Reconnect the battery terminals before applying a coat of petroleum jelly to the area – this will help deter corrosion.
Caring for the inside of the battery
• Using a smart battery charger, such as the CTEK MXS 5.0, will not only charge the battery to optimum levels, but will also care for the power source by conditioning and cleaning it. Additionally, it will remove any sulphur that has built-up on the battery’s plates by breaking it down into the acid.
Drivers can save themselves the expense and inconvenience of replacing their vehicle batteries earlier than necessary, just by starting a simple battery maintenance routine. Ask Santa for a 12V battery charger this Christmas and make a practical New Year’s resolution to care better for your car.
For more information about CTEK’s range of vehicle battery chargers and accessories, please visit www.ctek.com. Join the conversation and follow CTEK at www.twitter.com/CTEKChargers and like at www.facebook.com/CTEKBatteryChargers.
Contact – Keredy Andrews – firstname.lastname@example.org – 01858 411 600
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Punch Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Motoring, Transport & Logistics, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.