not only benefits doctors, but also provides assurance to the public and patients that rigorous systems have been followed
CODICOTE, UK, Jan. 31, 2013 — SMART Technologies (UK) Ltd., a subsidiary of Kronos Incorporated, today announced the launch of an enhanced appraisal and revalidation solution for UK NHS Trusts. The SMART Appraisal and Revalidation solution enables NHS Trusts to manage doctors’ licenses to practice in the UK, and helps healthcare organisations comply with new Department of Health and General Medical Council regulations regarding mandatory doctor appraisal and revalidation.
• The UK Department of Health and the General Medical Council (GMC) has decreed that, as of 3 December 2012, revalidation is mandatory for all UK NHS Trusts. Revalidation is the process by which the GMC will confirm the ongoing validity of a doctor’s licence to practise in the UK. Such revalidation will provide assurance to the public, patients, and healthcare professionals that doctors have met all applicable legal requirements and are up to date and fit to practise.
• The SMART Appraisal and Revalidation solution helps NHS Trusts automate the process of maintaining evidence for mandatory annual appraisals. In addition, the solution helps the Responsible Officer comply with regulations regarding maintenance of records for the five-year revalidation of doctors.
• Notable features of the SMART Appraisal and Revalidation solution include:
o A built-in colour-coded system of red, amber, and green indicators highlights where extra support or training may be required to keep doctors on track for revalidation.
o Consultant job planning/service planning functionality helps medical managers plan efficient service delivery and provide evidence that consultants and senior doctors’ contractual obligations are met.
o Job planning functionality supports medical managers in NHS Trusts to allocate consultants’ time across direct clinical care, supporting professional activity (training and research), and annual leave to meet their contractual obligations.
• The SMART Appraisal and Revalidation solution enables NHS Trusts to baseline consultants’ and staff grade/associate doctors’ programmed activity throughout the year, and provide evidence to link the activity to the correct income stream for HR and finance, which will assist with meeting Trust CIP/QIPP targets whilst supporting pay progression and CEA applications.
• The SMART Appraisal and Revalidation solution was formerly known as Medtracker. Kronos acquired the product in January 2013 to provide enhanced capabilities to its NHS Trust customers.
Tristan Spencer, director, SMART, A Kronos Solution
“SMART Appraisal and Revalidation builds on our competencies of providing solutions for the healthcare market to help deliver workplace efficiencies and meet legislation. The solution was developed with both clinical input and best business practice to manage costs and workforces. Our enhanced Appraisal and Revalidation solution not only benefits doctors, but also provides assurance to the public and patients that rigorous systems have been followed to revalidate medical licences. The solution’s NHS credentials complement our established portfolio of solutions that enable NHS Trusts to manage and optimise clinical services and provide high-quality patient care.”
• The National Health Service (NHS) is one of the largest employers in the world, and is the biggest in Europe, with more than 1.3 million staff.
• SMART is a workforce management solution widely used by the UK’s NHS across England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. SMART enables NHS and other health organisations to meet their patient quality care objectives, including the Quality, Innovation, Productivity, and Prevention (QIPP) agenda in England, by optimising staff and ensuring that quality patient care is delivered as efficiently as possible.
To learn more about the SMART solution, visit www.smart-rostering.co.uk.
• Kronos acquired SMART in April 2012.
• Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
• Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
• Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SMART, A Kronos Solution
+44 (0)1438 822229
+44 (0) 1491 639500
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of PR Artistry Limited in the following categories: Health, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.