Simply connect hipKey to your phone or tablet via Bluetooth and it will sound a loud alarm if you leave your phone or tablet behind
• Stylish and compact Bluetooth 4.0-enabled alarm works with iPhone and iPad
• The size of a small key ring, connects with Apple devices via free iOS app
• Sounds a loud alarm when a paired device goes beyond a safe distance
• Place the hipKey™ in a bag and built-in motion sensors triggers alarm if moved
Copenhagen, Denmark. hipKey™ from hippih is a key ring that helps you keep your valuable belongings and loved ones close by. Simply connect hipKey to your phone or tablet via Bluetooth and it will sound a loud alarm if you leave your phone or tablet behind. hipKey can even be placed in a child’s pocket to ensure they do not stray too far from Mum or Dad.
Compatible with iPhone and iPad hipKey™ connects to Apple devices via a free iOS App* and features four modes:
• Alarm Mode: How many times have you left a bar, restaurant, coffee shop or public transport and accidently left behind your iPhone, iPad or bag? This mode sounds the alarm before it’s too late to go back and retrieve your stranded item.
• Child Mode: Keeping an eye on a child in crowded public place can be a stressful experience. Attach the hipKey™ to your child and you will be warned should he or she wander away.
• Motion Mode: Place hipKey™ in your bag and the built-in motion sensor will trigger an alarm if the bag is moved.
• Find Me Mode: Lost your phone down the sofa? Press the ‘Action’ button on the hipKey™ and the device will emit an alarm and vibrate on your device so you can locate it. Or use your iPhone / iPad to find your keys on your way out of the door.
Within each mode an app lets you define settings: adjust alarm volume, activate vibration alert and set the distance triggered alarm system up to a range of 50 metres using Bluetooth Smart (4.0) technology. An adjustable bar offers distances references - short (2-5 metres), medium (15-20 metres) and long (30-50 metres) – as a guide.
hipKey™ app also features a patent pending ‘Safe Zone’ setting that switches the alarm off in areas where your valuables or loved ones are not vulnerable, such as home, a relative’s house or the office. By dragging the designated location in maps, users can mark the safety zone at 25, 50, 75, 100 and 125 metres.
At only 50mm in diameter and 7mm thick, hipKey™ is compact enough to hold comfortably in your hand, slide into a pocket, attach to a key ring using its durable built-in key hanger or stow away in a bag unnoticed. Sculptured in anodised aluminium, this ring has a quality and robust build, designed to withstand a life in constant transit.
Danny van der Poel, CEO of hippih says, “hipKey™ offers peace of mind to users, keeping track of their expensive items and loved ones when life gets in the way. Everyone has, at one time, left an iPhone or iPad in a bar or coffee shop and returned too late to find it gone. And who has not left the house in a hurry and forgotten their phone. Carrying a hipKey™ with you means this will never happen again.”
hippih is also the name behind CrowdSearching, a revolutionary online community that uses the power of social media to help people around the world find their lost belongings. Whether lost or found this crowd-sourced website is an effective platform to reunite people with valuable items or family pets that have gone missing.
*The hipKey™ works with iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation), iPad Mini and iPod Touch (5th generation)
The hipKey™ is available to buy at Apple Stores and online in over 22 European countries, priced £69.95 (UK) and €84.95 (rest of Europe)
Hi-res images are available on request
For more information on hipKey™ visit www.hippih.com/hipkey
Follow hippih on Twitter: @hippih
View hippih videos on YouTube
Notes to Editors
The team behind hippih is dedicated to developing innovative, affordable accessories and solutions that are designed to make your life easier. All of its products are designed using state of the art technology that not only looks good, but more importantly, really works. Proud of its products, it works with the best raw materials and green technologies. Hippah’s team of experts includes artists, researchers, industrial designers, creative and engineers, who work hard to turn our ideas into reality.
+44 (0)7866 567179
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of XL Communications in the following categories: Men's Interest, Consumer Technology, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.