Hinchliffe’s Farm Shop will be stamping all its meat products with ‘The Hinchliffe’s Promise’ this week to celebrate British Beef Week and prove that all its meat is 100 per cent local – and its beef products are 100% beef.
The family run farm shop in Netherton, Huddersfield, will be applying its own star-quality sticker to its produce – and giving stickers away to customers – in an effort to reassure shoppers about the full traceability of its meat this British Beef Week in light of the horsemeat scandal.
The sticker reinforces the fact that 100 per cent of the meat and meat products in the farm’s award-winning butchery are locally sourced from trusted producers, with its South Devon beef hand raised on the fields around the shop and butchered on site.
The badge states that The Hinchliffe’s Promise is:
• 100% traceable produce
• 100% British meat
“There are no short cuts with our meat – and our beef comes from the fields next door or from farms local to our butchers shop,” says Simon Hirst, partner in the family-run farm and shop. “We’re there at every stage of the animal’s development, and use skills handed down through four generations of our family. We hand select and hand butcher each and every animal – pure and simple. Our customers trust us that ONLY 100 per cent beef goes into our beef products.”
It was only a few months ago that Mr. Hirst hit out at the supermarkets for not providing consumers with enough good quality produce from their region, and criticised their stranglehold on the food chain. “Supermarkets may sell ‘value’ meat but really it has no value,” Hirst said.
Hinchliffe’s Farm Shop, Butchery and Restaurant, established in 1929, has been an integral part of the landscape of Huddersfield for generations, weathering eight prime ministers, four recessions, three royal jubilees. It has won numerous national awards for its 100 per cent traceable meat pies, pasties, sausages and hand cured bacon.
Log on to www.hinchliffes.com
• Hinchliffe Farm Shop is located on Netherton Moor Road, Netherton, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD4 7LE, tel 01484 661 231, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Hinchliffe’s also received local recognition as one of the area’s most successful small businesses, voted SME of the Year 2012 in the Huddersfield Examiner Business Awards.
• Great British Beef Week is an annual celebration of the British Beef industry run by Ladies in Beef.
• Timed to coincide with St George’s Day (23rd April) each year, it is supported both at a local level, with regional events, and nationally with the backing of the nation’s biggest supermarket retailers.
• For more information on British Beef Week visit their website http://www.ladiesinbeef.org.uk/
For further details please contact -
Absolutely Food PR & Marketing
T: 01347 810531
M: 07771 655756
Hinchliffe’s Farm Shop, Netherton
T: 01484 661231
M: 07789 260839
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Absolutely Food PR in the following categories: Health, Environment & Nature, Food & Drink, Farming & Animals, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.