A new consumer champion site exposing poor value for money jewellery available from major high street retailers has celebrated its first victory, after H. Samuel lowered the price of a white gold ring deemed so poor value for money by the site, it could literally be ‘squashed’ between fingers.
H. Samuel has lowered the price of a ring deemed such poor value for money by a new independent jewellery comparison website, it could literally be squashed between two fingers; as shown in a video made by the site banishing the ring to ‘jewellery hell’.
The product in question is a white gold, 9 carat cubic zirconia ‘swirl’ ring, available to purchase online from H. Samuel for £99.99. When reviewed by the independent team of jewellery experts at newly-launched site www.CompareJewellery.com, the team deemed it such poor value for money that it was awarded just 5 stars out of a possible 10 in their unique ‘value for money’ star rating system.
The team, comprised of jewellery industry experts Ali O’Neill and Jeremy Banks, had concerns that lay mainly with the strength of the ring. According to their independent review, the ring’s base “is worryingly thin and this ring is likely to misshape or snap over time if not treated with extreme care.”
Following the review’s findings, the team put their theories to the test about the ring’s strength, and found that the £99.99 ring could literally be squashed between fingertips; shown in their subsequent ‘jewellery hell’ video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwbQYeyAqwc#t=28
The team at www.CompareJewellery.com then sent their review and accompanying ‘jewellery hell’ video to the team at H. Samuel, highlighting to the retailer just what poor quality the ring was, as part of the site’s consumer champion crusade for fair jewellery prices.
H. Samuel has now reduced the price of its ‘jewellery hell’ ring- reducing its RRP to £74.99- signalling CompareJewellery.com’s first victory in its battle for good value for money jewellery for UK shoppers.
Ali O’Neill, Head of Product & Jewellery Crusader at comparejewellery.com, spoke about the victory:
“Finally! They’ve had the guts to admit that they were selling a frankly embarrassingly thin ring at price that simply couldn’t be justified. Our jewellery hell video shows clearly just how poor the quality of the ring’s designs really was, and we’re thrilled that they’ve had the guts to admit this and reduce the price to a fair amount. It goes without saying that H Samuel sell some fantastic products at great value for money, but that simply wasn’t the case here before its price was lowered. Whilst the ring is still undeniably fragile in terms of strength, this is a much fairer price, and we look forward to more victories to come on our crusade for fair jewellery prices.”
Comparejewellery.com’s review of the ring in question: http://www.comparejewellery.com/womens-jewellery/rings/fashi...
- Comparejewellery.com was launched in September 2013 by Ashley Faull, who created the world’s first
interactive shopping channels Bid TV and Price-drop TV.
- Comparejewellery.com is the world’s first totally independent and impartial jewellery comparison service; offering a platform through which users can compare a wide range of different jewellery items available from high
street retailers, in terms of quality and value for money.
- Jewellery items featured on the site are reviewed and rated by a team of experts, giving them a score out of ten to reflect their ‘value for money’.
- The site aims to become the consumer champion of the jewellery world, ensuring that buyers are getting good value for money when they purchase.
- To highlight how difficult it is to spot the true value of jewellery with the naked eye, comparejewellery.com have created the ‘chic or cheap’ challenge- have a try yourself here: http://www.comparejewellery.com/alis-blog/2013/09/10/can-you...
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of 10 Yetis PR and Marketing in the following categories: Women's Interest & Beauty, Personal Finance, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.