This has been the best writing project we have found for our children to date – they are engaged, motivated and thoroughly entranced.
Three hundred children from the UK could be the next JK Rowling. Together, they are writing and illustrating a monster book, which will be published later this year.
The children, who are typically from primary schools scattered throughout England, promise tittering, tears and terror in their yet untitled chapter book. The story takes place in Fangleland on the Planet Zorbit and contains three menacing species of monster invented and elected by the children.
The project is run by children’s author, Rosen Trevithick, who works with the young writers and their teachers to incorporate ideas from the fifteen participating schools. Each week builds on a creative writing task from the week before.
“We sent in our monster designs and Rosen combined them to make a species called the lumipoo momp. People from all around the UK voted and the lumipoo momp was chosen to be the main species of villain in the book! We were all very excited!” – Ellie Jean, year 5 pupil, Manor School, Didcot.
The project aims to nurture children’s creativity and encourage a positive attitude towards literacy.
“This has been the best writing project we have found for our children to date – they are engaged, motivated and thoroughly entranced.” – Stephanie, Year 5 teacher, St Edwards, Castle Donington.
The children will be involved in every step of the process including writing the book’s title, designing the cover and choosing the book’s shape. Once the children have finished planning their story, they will begin drawing the artwork with the help of professional children’s illustrator Katie W. Stewart.
The participating schools are:
- Barford Primary School, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Bishop Winnington-Ingram C of E Primary School, Ruislip, Middlesex
- Bosvigo School, Truro, Cornwall
- Broadway Primary School, Haslingden, Lancashire
- Bridge Junior School, Leicester
- Highfield School, Ely, Cambridgeshire
- Manor Lodge School, Shenley, Hertfordshire
- Manor School, Didcot, Oxfordshire
- Morton Trentside Primary School, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
- Queensgate Foundation Primary School, East Cowes, Isle of Wight
- Rosemellin Community Primary School, Camborne, Cornwall
- St Edwards C of E Primary School, Castle Donington, Leicestershire
- St Hardulph's Primary School, Breedon-on-the-Hill, Derby
- St Peter's C of E Primary School, West Hanningfield, Essex
- Tregolls School, Truro, Cornwall
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Mob: 07968 564805
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Rosen Trevithick in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Entertainment & Arts, Education & Human Resources, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.