smokers can now more easily make a simple, positive change to their lives by switching to a safer alternative.
UK OWNED E-CIG BRAND KICK STARTS GLOBAL EXPANSION AFTER MAJOR UK RETAIL LISTINGS
Today E-Lites announced that it is the first and only e-cig brand in the UK to be stocked by all of the big four grocery multiples; a landmark retail achievement for the UK’s best known brand.
E-Lites has increased their national presence across all four of the big supermarkets (Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrisons), in addition to their extensive wholesale and retail estate. E-Lites’ on-line business also reflects their offline dominance, with data supplied this month by Hitwise confirming that the E-Lites website has the highest number of visitors in the electronic cigarette industry.
The global e-cig market was predicted by Goldman Sachs in August 2013 to reach 15% share of the total tobacco industry profit pool by 2020, making it clear that a widespread distribution network for the convenience of smokers is essential.
E-Lites is the UK’s leading e-cig brand and is owned by British founders Adrian Everett and Michael Ryan. It’s products accounted for over £40million in retail sales in the UK last year and they predict e-cig sales will continue to grow. They are currently exploring global expansion plans to develop new international markets with an ambition to become the world’s leading e-cig brand.
Adrian Everett, Group CEO of E-Lites, said:
“This announcement shows the genuine and ever increasing demand for our products. I am delighted that retailers have recognised and supported this, making it possible for our customers to now find E-Lites in over 20,000 stores across the UK. In keeping with our ‘Believe you Can’ company philosophy, smokers can now more easily make a simple, positive change to their lives by switching to a safer alternative.”
“Conquering the UK was an essential first step in the E-Lites global journey. With our current trade expansion plans, launch of our new product later this year and significantly increased investment into our brand, we aim to take an even bigger share of the current £2 billion global e-cig market.”
Details of all stockists can be found at www.e-lites.co.uk
For further information, interviews and images please contact:
E-Lites Press Office at Beige
email@example.com or 020 7404 3000
NOTES TO EDITORS
ABOUT ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES:
• “E-cigarettes are by far the most credible alternative to tobacco cigarettes” Goldman Sachs, August 2013
• "We have increased conviction that consumption of e-cigarettes could surpass consumption of conventional cigarettes within the next decade.” Wells Fargo, June 2013
• “…the first real possibility that cigarette smoking could be phased out” Professor Ann McNeill, Kings College London Reuters, September 2013
• “The chemicals in e-cigarettes pose no health concern for users or bystanders” Drexel University, August 2013
• “The chemicals that make cigarettes dangerous are either absent in electronic cigarettes or present only in trace concentrations” Lancet, July 2013
• “The study indicates no apparent risk to human health from e-cigarette emissions” Inhalation Toxicology, October 2012
• “The risk is negligible, and compared with smoking there is no contest” Professor Robert West, University College London, July 2013
• “If all the smokers in Britain stopped smoking cigarettes and started smoking e-cigarettes we would save 5 million deaths” Professor John Britton, Royal College of Physicians, February 2013
0800 112 3401 ext 266
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of E-Lites in the following categories: Business & Finance, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.