For immediate release: 7 April 2014
THE MENOPAUSE – KEEP YOUR COOL
Learn more about the menopause and related topics
If you, your friends or your work colleagues want to learn more about the menopause, it’s time to arrange a talk by a leading expert. Norma Goldman BPharm (Hons) MRPharmS MSc (health promotion), founder of The Menopause Exchange, pharmacist and qualified health promotion specialist, is available for talks, seminars, videos and podcasts. You can organise talks and seminars in your home, workplace, organisation, health spa, health club or local women’s group. Talks are also presented in GP practices and hospitals, for journalists and at exhibitions.
The talks are suitable for women at or approaching the menopause, women who have had a premature menopause (before 40) or a hysterectomy or anyone with a general interest in midlife health. Often, post-menopausal women attend the talks to obtain information on post-menopausal health. The talks are also ideal for healthcare professionals.
Every talk provides impartial, reliable, up-to-date and practical information on all aspects of the menopause, to help you make informed decisions about coping at this time of life. You can ask questions, take a factsheet home and hear about other women’s experiences. The topics covered include:
• General information on the menopause
• Menopausal symptoms
• Prescription medication alternatives to HRT
• Complementary therapies
• Nutrition and exercise
• Self-help lifestyle measures.
Examples of positive feedback:
"Very enjoyable, full of useful practical information and facts. The knowledge of the speaker showed through all aspects of the talk." (Hospital employee)
“Thank you for your talk which was absolutely excellent. Women were able to ask their personal questions and share their struggles. It was informative without being overwhelming and hit just the right note; I would love to have you back some time.” (Chair of a women’s group)
"I decided to attend the talk even though I'm 45 and I’ve haven't had any menopause symptoms yet. The interesting and varied information will help me when the menopause comes!" (Company employee)
"It improved my knowledge of HRT and alternative therapies." (Practice nurse)
Norma Goldman’s book ‘The Menopause-ask the experts’ was published by Hammersmith Press in 2009.
The Menopause Exchange produces a quarterly newsletter containing articles written by top medical experts, such as gynaecologists, GPs, consultants, specialist menopause nurses, complementary practitioners, pharmacists, dietitians etc. We also include news, book reviews and our ‘Ask the experts’ page.
Check out our website at http://www.menopause-exchange.co.uk. Find us on Facebook and Twitter (@MenopauseExch).
To arrange a talk, seminar, video or podcast or for more information, write to The Menopause Exchange at PO Box 205, Bushey, Herts WD23 1ZS, call 020 8420 7245, or e-mail email@example.com.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
1. The Menopause Exchange was launched in June 1999.
2. Articles in previous issues of The Menopause Exchange newsletter include: Types and forms of HRT; Coping with the perimenopause; The menopause after cancer therapy; Coping with hot flushes and night sweats; Anxiety at the menopause; Vitamins at the menopause; Menopausal libido and Seeing your doctor.
3. The founder and director of The Menopause Exchange is Norma Goldman, a pharmacist with a Master’s degree in health promotion. She gives talks on the menopause to employees in the workplace and hospitals, women and women’s groups, healthcare professionals, GP practices, organisations, health clubs and at exhibitions. Her daughter, Victoria, the editor of the newsletter, is an experienced health journalist with a BSc. degree in Biomedical Science and a Master’s degree in Science Communication.
4. The aim of The Menopause Exchange is to raise the awareness of the menopause among women, healthcare professionals (e.g. nurses and pharmacists) and complementary practitioners.
5. All press enquiries to Norma Goldman on 020 8420 7245.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Menopause Exchange in the following categories: Health, Medical & Pharmaceutical, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.