Our project values are ahead of plan and we have taken on our largest ever project worth $15m from our legal category.
blur (Group) Plc (BLUR), the technology company that’s reinventing commerce at blurgroup.com, continued to make significant progress in Q1 2014 with high growth in the volume of submitted projects and average project values, greater penetration into global markets, and a broadening of services covered through the platform.
blur started 2014 with 52% of projects in the quarter coming from North America, the world’s largest business services market. In addition, briefs submitted from Asia Pacific now account for over 12% of all projects through the platform. Significantly, more than half (58%) of projects were briefed to professional services outside of the Marketing category, proving the business model has viability and relevance across the services spectrum.
Philip Letts, CEO blur Group commented on the outstanding quarter:
“Our project values are ahead of plan and we have taken on our largest ever project worth $15m from our legal category. With the launch of blur 4.0, the latest version of our platform, we can now cater directly to an enterprise audience with more sophisticated project needs.”
Q1 2014 Project Highlights
- $15m legal project (briefed in 2013) reached its second roll-out phase this quarter as more projects, involving multiple service providers and teams of collaborators across multiple categories in several regions, kicked off
- $1.8m project submitted comprising multiple marketing elements to run throughout 2014 for a company launching lottery games in MINT economies
- Momentive, a world leader in speciality chemicals and materials, submitted 11 projects during Q1, 2014 bringing its total number of projects submitted to blur Group’s platform to 79
- Over 30% of projects kicked off in the quarter were from repeat customers, including several who have briefed more than 5 projects including Octopus Investments, Mipineye, Danone, Book Your Crew, Swift Judgment and Broadridge
Q1 2014 blur Group Development Highlights
- blur 4.0: A new responsive, adaptive core architecture (now live at blurgroup.com) designed to improve conversion rates and enhance user experience across any browser or device
- Partnership program now delivering projects across Asia Pacific with Alibaba. Over 700 affiliates from blur Group’s global partner network now promote the Global Services Exchange
- Two new Exchange categories added: Video and Human Resources
- Key appointments and promotions strengthen the global management team (headcount currently 82)
For further information please contact:
blur (Group) plc
Tel: +44 7795 011678
Shaun Dobson / Matt Thomas
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7496 3000
Panmure Gordon (Joint Broker)
Dominic Morley / Charles Leigh Pemberton
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7886 2500
Caroline Forde / Josh Royston/ Hilary Millar
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7653 9850
About blur (Group) plc at blurgroup.com
blur Group is a public technology company (BLUR: LSE AIM) reinventing how businesses around the word do commerce at blurgroup.com. blur’s Global Services Exchange is a proprietary services-commerce (s-commerce) platform that enables 45,000+ business users in 145 countries (as of April 2014) to buy, sell and deliver core business services and take advantage of Software as a Transaction™ to pay for those projects.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Blur Group in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Media & Marketing, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.