2014 looks like the year of the staycation with more of us than ever before shunning the sunnier holiday spots overseas to explore what Britain has to offer. A study carried out this year by OnePoll found that a whopping 74% of us Brits are planning their holidays in the UK this year, making 2014 the fifth consecutive year that the trend to take a ‘staycation’ has continued to grow!
The survey found that the number of British holidaymakers preferring to take a number of city breaks, coach day trips and weekends away rather than the conventional longer holidays is rapidly increasing. The main reasons are thought to be due to the desire to spend less money and spread holidays out over the year for a calendar full of getaways to look forward to.
City breaks remain as popular as ever, but the new staycation trend seems to be for seaside holidays with a round 40% of British holidaymakers planning trips to coastal destinations such as Cornwall, Devon, Whitby, Bournemouth and Brighton this summer.
The beauty of a 'staycation' is that whether you’re staying local or travelling to explore a different part of the country, you can embrace your own heritage and culture whilst finding what the surrounding cities and towns have to offer. Here are some essentials for a great British break…
• A great book – whether you’re lying on the beach, swinging on a hammock, or relaxing in a shady spot of a scenic park, nothing says holiday like whiling away the afternoon with a real page-turner. Following being made into a blockbuster movie, John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars is this summer’s bestseller.
• Sun cream – Don’t be fooled into thinking the sun is not as powerful as abroad! Especially when sitting somewhere with a breeze where you might not feel yourself burning, it’s super important to ensure you’re adequately protected again the harmful rays of the sun. And following a recent Which? report earlier this year that found the old adage ‘you get what you pay for’ does not always apply, with three big brand lotions failing the test. A reasonable, high quality suns cream such as Soltan’s UltraSun range are a reliable choice.
• Toys – If you’re hoping for a little relaxation between activities, you’ll need something to keep the kids entertained. Why not keep it traditional with classic board games such as Monopoly and Guess Who? Essential for long car journeys! Nerf’s latest Super Soaker Thunderstorm will keep the kids both entertained and cool in the heat.
• Picnic hamper and rug – Perfect for a low cost al-fresco lunch. Pitch up in a shady spot, un-pack your goodies onto a big rug and enjoy a swapping, sharing feast of British picnic favourites. An electric cool box like the Igloo 12 V Cool Box will keep your fresh and food fresh, so no wilted lettuce or warm beers!
• Digital camera – To capture all those memories you’ll make, plus the beautiful British scenery and views you’ll be experiencing. There’s nothing worse than running out of juice by day 2 so be sure to take your charger with you if you’ll be somewhere with charging facilities, or consider purchasing an extra battery if not. Samsung’s ST150F is small enough to carry in your pocket, but packs a serious punch in picture quality and even has built in Wi-Fi so you can instantly share your holiday snaps on Facebook!
• Tent – With Britain’s temperamental weather, happy campers will need a reliable tent for comfortable holiday Vango’s Icarus 500 has been a popular choice for families for years. A 5 berth tent, it’s a great option for 4 people with space to spare.
These items are must-haves for most ‘staycationers’ this summer, but before you pay full price, see if Flubit can get you a better offer. Before you buy it, Flubit!
For more information or for an interview, please contact Gary Dalton, Head of Marketing on 07919 573701 or email email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Flubit.com in the following categories: Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.