It’s official, the summer holidays can now begin as the annual ‘The UK Our Way’ 2014 guide is announced today, featuring this year’s hottest list of kids’ top boredom-busting UK destinations and fun-filled attractions as voted for by children for children.
Launched this week by the UK’s leading holiday park operator, Parkdean, ‘The UK, Our Way’ is an interactive e-guide ready to view or download at www.parkdeanholidays.co.uk/uk-our-way featuring fantastic places to visit that have been voted for by 1,269 children.
So, whether you’re looking to get hooked on rock-pooling, be blown away flying a kite, find the scrummiest fish and chips or become a clever-clogs learning something new, this travel guide gives a child’s view on where to go this summer.
Visit the e-guide for more information and lots of places to visit, but as a snapshot, the top three places voted for in each category are as follows:
Where is the yummiest ice cream you’ve tasted?
1. Roskilly’s Ice Cream Farm, Cornwall (for the second year running)
2. Yorkshire Dales Ice Cream Farm, Yorkshire
3. The Dartmouth Ice Cream Company, Devon
Where are the tastiest fish & chips?
1. Anstruther Fish Bar, Fife, Scotland
2. Stein’s Fish & Chips in Padstow, Cornwall
3. Magpie’s Café in Whitby, Yorkshire
Which beach is the best for building sandcastles?
1. Weymouth, Dorset
2. Holywell Bay, Newquay, Cornwall
3. Croyde Bay, Devon
Where’s the best beach to go crabbing or rock pooling?
1. Looe Beach, Looe, Cornwall
2. Polzeath Beach, Cornwall
3. West Runton Beach, Cromer, Norfolk
Where is the best place to go for a picnic?
1. Snowdonia National Park Visitor Centre, Conwy County, North Wales
2. Lost Gardens of Heligan, Cornwall
3. Barafundle Beach, Pembrokeshire, Wales
Where is the best spot for flying a kite?
1. Gower Peninsula, Swansea, South Wales
2. Filey Beach, Yorkshire
3. Watergate Bay, Newquay, Cornwall
Where is the best spot for a fun walk or bike ride?
1. New Forest National Park, Lymington, Hampshire (second year running)
2. The Camel Trail, Cornwall
3. Sherwood Pines Forest Park, Nottinghamshire
Where is the best place for getting active?
1. Go Ape, Crathes Castle, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
2. Parkdean’s Warmwell Snowsport Centre, Dorset
3. Edinburgh International Climbing Centre, Scotland
What’s the best swimming pool or water park you’ve ever visited?
1. Sandcastle Water Park, Blackpool, Lancashire
2. Splashdown Waterpark, Poole, Dorset
3. Water Park at Alton Towers, Staffordshire
Where is the best place to shop for souvenirs?
1. Cadbury World, West Midlands
2. Warner Bros Studio Tour, London
3. Western-super-Mare’s Grand Pier, Somerset
Where’s the best place to take pictures?
1. Isle of Bute, Scotland
2. Combe Martin Wildlife & Dinosaur Park, Ilfracombe Devon
3. Yorkshire Sculpture Park, West Yorkshire
Which is your favourite place for discovering something new?
1. The Rainforest at the Eden Project, Cornwall and the National History Museum London (joint first)
2. Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum, Midlands
3. Dinosaur Museum, Dorset
What’s your favourite animal sanctuary, zoo or aquarium?
1. Monkey World, Wareham, Dorset
2. The Cornish Seal Sanctuary, Cornwall
3. Edinburgh Zoo, Edinburgh, Scotland
What’s the best place to learn about history?
1. Beamish, County Durham
2. The National Maritime Museum, Cornwall
3. The Tank Museum, Dorset
Where is your ultimate fun day out?
1. Alton Towers, Staffordshire
2. Legoland, Windsor, Berkshire
3. Drayton Manor, Staffordshire
The guide is split into six handy sections; Fantastic Food, Beach Fun, Outdoor Fun, Energetic Days, Making Memories plus Learning and Exploring. Also, in its new e-guide format, ‘The UK, Our Way’ can be downloaded or printed off, enabling inspiration whilst already out and about exploring the British Isles.
John Waterworth, Chief Executive of Parkdean said: “Following last year’s first ever ‘The UK Our Way’ guide, we have been bowled over by the response from children giving us their suggestions for this year. We asked children across the UK to tell us what they like doing and where they love going, to create a bigger and more accessible e-guide, helping to inspire families with fun things to do together over the summer – after all, kids know best!
“Throughout the school holidays, we welcome thousands of families across our 24 UK holiday parks and, during this time, they enjoy some of the best facilities to keep them entertained from nature trails, adventure playgrounds, cycling and fishing to ski slopes, surfing, zorbing and a dedicated entertainment programme. We hope this guide helps to give families everywhere ideas for a thoroughly fun summer holiday, whether at one of our parks, on a day trip or nearer to home.”
Parkdean’s 24 award winning holiday parks offer a selection of accommodation; lodges, caravans and apartments in a beach or countryside setting, all with the comforts of home offering spacious central lounges, flat screen TVs and fully fitted kitchens. Combined with an unrivalled selection of leisure and retail facilities, including indoor pools, kids’ clubs, bars & restaurants, live daily entertainment and beds made on arrival, the parks offer flexible stays in Scotland, Cornwall, Dorset, Devon, Norfolk, Wales and Hampshire.
To find out more visit www.parkdeanholidays.co.uk/uk-our-way to view or download the guide.
For media enquiries:
Contact Gemma, Bogdan, Aimee or Janine at Lucre on 0113 243 1117 or email Parkdean@lucre.co.uk.
PARKDEAN NOTES TO EDITORS
• Parkdean is one of the UK’s largest holiday park operators, formed in 1999.
• Parkdean has 24 award winning holiday parks situated in some of the UK’s best coastal, countryside and woodland locations: 8 in Cornwall, 3 in Devon, 3 in Dorset, 1 in Hampshire, 1 in Norfolk, 2 in Wales and 6 in Scotland.
• Recent awards include: Best UK Holiday Park Operator at British Travels Awards, with Gold Awards for 2013, 2011 and 2010 and Silver award for 2012 and The David Bellamy Special Distinction Award 2012 for Ruda park in Devon. All parks hold a David Bellamy Conservation Award for helping protect the natural environment.
• For further information visit www.parkdeanholidays.co.uk or call 0844 335 3348.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Lucre Marketing Ltd in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Leisure & Hobbies, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.