Following the launch of ‘The UK Our Way', a travel guide put together for children, by children, holiday park operator Parkdean has partnered with experts in kite-flying, rock pooling, sand sculptures and photography for a series of video guides available to download FREE online – each providing a cool sixty-ish seconds of inspiration.
Part of Parkdean’s UK Our Way campaign; the new ‘how-to’ video series is available to watch from today at www.parkdeanholidays.co.uk/uk-our-way, bringing to life some of the most popular family-friendly outdoor activities, within its interactive e-guide. Each video boasts bite-size advice from experts, motivating kids on how to get started and showcases the top spots across the country for enjoying each activity as voted for by 1,269 kids nationwide*.
The four online guides, which last in the region of one minute each, provide a boredom busting fast pass to the ultimate family adventure, whether looking to be a whiz at catching the wind in your kite or building an empire in the sand. The videos, perfect for children of any age and adults who refuse to grow up, include:
• Rock pooling rocks! – Mermaids purses, anemones, hermit crabs…discover what your little urchin could find at Looe Beach, with the National Marine Aquarium
• Up, up and away kite-flying - How to send your kite soaring to new heights in the Gower Pensinsula, with the Gower Kite Shop
• The art of making sandcastles - Building fairy-tale sandcastles with sand sculptor and professional big kid from Sand World in Weymouth
• Snap happy - Taking perfect holiday photos, at the voted for top spot, Isle of Bute in Scotland
Parkdean’s 24 award winning holiday parks offer a selection of accommodation; lodges, caravans and apartments in a beach or countryside setting, all with the comforts of home. Combined with an unrivalled selection of leisure and retail facilities, including indoor pools, kids’ clubs, bars & restaurants, live daily entertainment and beds made on arrival, the parks offer flexible stays in Scotland, Cornwall, Dorset, Devon, Norfolk, Wales and Hampshire.
To find out more about The UK, Our Way, simply visit www.parkdeanholidays.co.uk/uk-our-way.
For media enquiries:
Contact Gemma, Bogdan, Aimee or Janine at Lucre on 0113 243 1117 or email Parkdean@lucre.co.uk.
PARKDEAN NOTES TO EDITORS
*The top three places voted for in each category in the UK Our Way guide are as follows:
Where is the yummiest ice cream you’ve tasted?
1. Roskilly’s Ice Cream Farm, Cornwall (for the second year running)
2. Yorkshire Dales Ice Cream Farm, Yorkshire
3. The Dartmouth Ice Cream Company, Devon
Where are the tastiest fish & chips?
1. Anstruther Fish Bar, Fife, Scotland
2. Stein’s Fish & Chips in Padstow, Cornwall
3. Magpie’s Café in Whitby, Yorkshire
Which beach is the best for building sandcastles?
1. Weymouth, Dorset
2. Holywell Bay, Newquay, Cornwall
3. Croyde Bay, Devon
Where’s the best beach to go crabbing or rock pooling?
1. Looe Beach, Looe, Cornwall
2. Polzeath Beach, Cornwall
3. West Runton Beach, Cromer, Norfolk
Where is the best place to go for a picnic?
1. Snowdonia National Park Visitor Centre, Conwy County, North Wales
2. Lost Gardens of Heligan, Cornwall
3. Barafundle Beach, Pembrokeshire, Wales
Where is the best spot for flying a kite?
1. Gower Peninsula, Swansea, South Wales
2. Filey Beach, Yorkshire
3. Watergate Bay, Newquay, Cornwall
Where is the best spot for a fun walk or bike ride?
1. New Forest National Park, Lymington, Hampshire (second year running)
2. The Camel Trail, Cornwall
3. Sherwood Pines Forest Park, Nottinghamshire
Where is the best place for getting active?
1. Go Ape, Crathes Castle, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
2. Parkdean’s Warmwell Snowsport Centre, Dorset
3. Edinburgh International Climbing Centre, Scotland
What’s the best swimming pool or water park you’ve ever visited?
1. Sandcastle Water Park, Blackpool, Lancashire
2. Splashdown Waterpark, Poole, Dorset
3. Water Park at Alton Towers, Staffordshire
Where is the best place to shop for souvenirs?
1. Cadbury World, West Midlands
2. Warner Bros Studio Tour, London
3. Western-super-Mare’s Grand Pier, Somerset
Where’s the best place to take pictures?
1. Isle of Bute, Scotland
2. Combe Martin Wildlife & Dinosaur Park, Ilfracombe Devon
3. Yorkshire Sculpture Park, West Yorkshire
Which is your favourite place for discovering something new?
1. The Rainforest at the Eden Project, Cornwall and the National History Museum London (joint first)
2. Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum, Midlands
3. Dinosaur Museum, Dorset
What’s your favourite animal sanctuary, zoo or aquarium?
1. Monkey World, Wareham, Dorset
2. The Cornish Seal Sanctuary, Cornwall
3. Edinburgh Zoo, Edinburgh, Scotland
What’s the best place to learn about history?
1. Beamish, County Durham
2. The National Maritime Museum, Cornwall
3. The Tank Museum, Dorset
Where is your ultimate fun day out?
1. Alton Towers, Staffordshire
2. Legoland, Windsor, Berkshire
3. Drayton Manor, Staffordshire
• Parkdean is one of the UK’s largest holiday park operators, formed in 1999.
• Parkdean has 24 award winning holiday parks situated in some of the UK’s best coastal, countryside and woodland locations: 8 in Cornwall, 3 in Devon, 3 in Dorset, 1 in Hampshire, 1 in Norfolk, 2 in Wales and 6 in Scotland.
• Recent awards include: Best UK Holiday Park Operator at British Travels Awards, with Gold Awards for 2013, 2011 and 2010 and Silver award for 2012 and The David Bellamy Special Distinction Award 2012 for Ruda park in Devon. All parks hold a David Bellamy Conservation Award for helping protect the natural environment.
• For further information visit www.parkdeanholidays.co.uk or call 0844 335 3348.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Lucre Marketing Ltd in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Leisure & Hobbies, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.