40% sales increase
Woking, Surrey: 6/2/15 - Wick Hill, a value added distributor specialising in IT security, has won Woking’s ‘Most Successful Company of the Year’ award for achieving the best financial performance by an independent company in the Woking area. The award was made jointly by Woking Borough Council, Decision Magazine, Hamlyns and Arcom IT. It was presented to Wick Hill at a ceremony at the WWF UK Headquarters in Woking.
Ian Kilpatrick, chairman Wick Hill Group, commented: “We are delighted to achieve this award which has been won against extremely tough competition. There are many international and domestic household-name companies headquartered in the Woking area, so we are incredibly pleased and proud to have won such a high accolade. We have had an absolutely exceptional year, both domestically and internationally, thanks to the stellar performance of our staff.”
Wick Hill has been established for almost 40 years, sourcing and delivering best-of-breed, easy-to-use solutions through reseller channel partners and has a portfolio that covers IT security, performance, access, networking, convergence, storage and hosted solutions. Based in Woking for many years, Wick Hill also has sister offices in Hamburg.
Highlights of Wick Hill’s successful year
* 40% sales increase
* Incremental improvements made by staff throughout the business, including product and sales teams, the training division, technical support, logistics, finance, marketing and pre-sales.
* £400k invested in expanding sales, professional services and training
* Staff increases to improve training, support and customer services
* Over £5 million credit provided for selected partners to borrow beyond their formal credit limits, to enable them to grow and expand
* Many distributor awards won from vendor partners, including those from Kaspersky Lab (UK and Germany), WatchGuard, Barracuda and VASCO, as well as best distributor awards from the press, including the Computer Reseller News ‘Security Distributor of the Year’ award, Network Computing’s ‘Distributor of the Year’ and Computing Security’s ‘Security Distributor of the Year.’
In Germany, Wick Hill also won several press awards including CRN’s Excellent Distributor Award and the IT Business DISTRI AWARD Gold.
Ian Kilpatrick concluded: “We have an ongoing commitment to delivering excellence to our channel partners and succeeding competitively, both domestically and internationally, in the niches we select. It is nice to also have a measure of how we are doing against our peers across other industries.”
For further press information, please contact Annabelle Brown on 01326 318212, email email@example.com. For reader queries, contact Wick Hill on 01483 227600. Web http://www.wickhill.com.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Nuvias ( Wick Hill ) in the following categories: Business & Finance, Media & Marketing, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.