As we celebrate 50 years of British manufacturing and innovation, we are delighted to open a World class manufacturing centre here in Swindon
Torin-Sifan, a leading producer of energy efficient fan technology, is celebrating the opening of its new EC Manufacturing & Technology Centre at Pagoda Park in Swindon. To honour the occasion Justin Tomlinson, MP for North Swindon, and the Mayor of Swindon, Councillor Teresa Page, officially opened the building by cutting the ribbon at Torin-Sifan’s Investing in British Manufacturing launch event, followed by guests touring the new state-of-the-art facility.
Flying the flag for British manufacturing, the new facility is set to become a centre of excellence for the production of highly efficient EC (electronically commutated) motor, fan and blower products. This will continue Torin-Sifan’s British leadership in the field of cutting edge air movement technology.
Committed to investment in the local economy and community during a tough economic climate Torin-Sifan has invested in excess of £2 million in its new EC Manufacturing & Technology Centre. The 25,000 sq. ft. facility houses purpose designed production lines, a sales and marketing suite, and staff welfare area, incorporating outside seating overlooking the Western Flyer cycle path. The new building will enable an expansion programme focussed on delivering energy efficient, quiet and controllable air movement solutions for clients all over the world and has created 25 new jobs in EC product development, applications engineering and manufacturing.
“As we celebrate 50 years of British manufacturing and innovation, we are delighted to open a World class manufacturing centre here in Swindon. To be able to create 25 new jobs in this economic climate is great news for the company and for the local community,” says Neil Sproston, Managing Director of Torin-Sifan. “This expansion of our manufacturing capabilities means we are even better able to offer our global customer base cutting edge air movement technology and improved facilities will benefit both customers and staff. To be able to manufacture successfully in the UK is testament to the quality of our products and to the skills base here.”
Speaking at the event Justin Tomlinson MP said: “I am delighted that Torin-Sifan, a leader in the field of manufacturing and technology, has taken the decision to further invest in Swindon, a real boost for our local economy. This is yet another example of Swindon powering head, as world-class companies such as Torin-Sifan choose Swindon to create jobs and teach fantastic skills. Unemployment is down by 63% since 2010, and our town is increasingly becoming a destination to do business and base industries. As a result we are seeing the development of a highly-skilled and diverse work force, which is securing our town’s future prosperity.”
Torin-Sifan is leading the way in EC technology in the UK and is further enhancing British engineering capabilities with its investment in technology and construction of the new Centre. The company is also a leading light in British exports with year-on-year growth.
EC technology is highly efficient and offers significant energy savings when compared to traditional AC technology. Sustainability is an important consideration at Torin-Sifan and the carbon savings that are offered by EC technology are achieved through both better efficiency and longer product life.
Torin-Sifan’s expansion with the opening of the EC Manufacturing & Technology Centre follows five decades of manufacturing in Swindon with the new facility allowing the company to increase EC production by over 20%, whilst continuing with the manufacture of its traditional product ranges at its existing Greenbridge HQ. With more than 50 years as a leading producer of the latest fan technology, Torin-Sifan continues to set the standard in motor, fan and blower products.
For further information on all products and services offered by Torin-Sifan, tel: +44 (0) 1793 524291 or visit www.torin-sifan.com
- Ends -
Notes for Editors
• Torin-Sifan is a leading manufacturer of highly efficient AC and EC motors, fans and blower products for the residential and commercial HVAC construction product market.
• Torin-Sifan is celebrating 50 years of successful trading in the UK.
• Torin-Sifan is investing in the local economy and community, spending in excess of £2m on its new EC Manufacturing & Technology Centre which will enable an expansion programme focussed on delivering energy efficient, quiet and controllable air movement solutions for clients all over the world.
• Torin-Sifan’s currently employs over 220 staff in Swindon. The opening of the new facility is complemented by the creation of 25 new jobs in EC product development, applications engineering and manufacturing, offering the town new jobs in a tough economic climate.
• Torin-Sifan sells over 1 million products per annum and operates from two production sites in Swindon, UK:
o Head Office: here the company manufactures AC motor based technology products
o New purpose built EC Manufacturing & Technology Centre: here Torin-Sifan manufactures its most efficient, high technology products.
• Swindon has been named the fourth best place in the country for growing industries in a recent report by Centre for Cities. It highlighted the UK towns and cities where SMEs are pursuing high growth strategies - focused on competing on quality rather than price; innovation; investing in training and operating in competitive markets - and fuelling the nation’s economic recovery. Swindon was ranked fourth, beaten only by Cambridge, Edinburgh and Brighton, and has had the fastest growth in the South West for a number of years.
Tel: 07976 782817
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of MacLean Communications in the following categories: Environment & Nature, Business & Finance, Manufacturing, Engineering & Energy, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.