EZE Group sponsored darts stars are appearing in two further TV events this month after coverage of last weekend’s European Championship, where James Wade and Simon Whitlock reached the last 16.
Eight time major winner Wade and world number six Robert Thornton, who won the World Grand Prix in front of TV cameras last month, will both be competing at the Grand Slam of Darts next week.
The tournament begins on Saturday and the draw, in which both players were seeded as members of the world’s top eight, saw Wade placed in Group F with Keegan Brown, Mark Webster and Michael van der Hoorst, while Thornton heads up Group G alongside Terry Jenkins, Jonny Clayton and Geert de Vos.
A week after the conclusion of the Grand Slam, the duo will be joined by Australian ace Whitlock in Scotland in the World Series of Darts finals.
Both tournaments provide a chance for our men to add to their major title haul. They currently hold twelve major successes between them.
Former European Champion Whitlock showed signs of a return to form at last weekend’s staging of the tournament in Belgium with a comfortable victory over Magnus Caris before running eventual runner-up Gary Anderson close in the last 16.
Wade, who defeated Terry Jenkins in the first round, and Thornton were denied by quarter-finalists Jelle Klaasen and John Henderson respectively.
The Grand Slam of Darts begins with the opening group matches on Saturday November 7, with the second group matches on Sunday November 8 before the final group games take place on Monday November 9 and Tuesday November 10.
The top two players from each group then progress to the knockout last 16, with the second round being split across Wednesday November 11 and Thursday November 12.
The quarter-finals are then played on Friday November 13 and Saturday November 14 before the tournament concludes on Sunday November 15 with the semi-finals in the afternoon session and the final in the evening session.
Notes to Editor: For further information please contact Chris Murphy (Darts Partnership Media & PR Manager) on Tel: 0113 808 9321 Mobile: 07850251312 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MODUS is an approved agent of the Professional Darts Corporation. For more information about MODUS visit www.modusdarts.tv
For more information about EZE Group please visit http://www.ezegroup.com
Some facts about professional darts:-
• Darts is the UK’s largest indoor sport and regularly sells out arenas across the country
• Over 100,000 tickets sold for the 2015 Premier League Darts
• It is regarded as one of the best nights out in terms of entertainment as well as a sporting spectacle
• The sport is watched by millions of viewers worldwide
• The Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) have recently announced an increase in prize money to an all-time high of over £8 million annually
• The PDC World Champion wins £250,000 in prize money for winning that tournament alone
• Sky Sports viewing figures for the past two years have seen Premier League Darts and World Championship achieve audiences second only to Premier League football
• Darts will enjoy over 350 hours of live television coverage in 2015
• Darts appeals to a huge audience demographic with men and women of all ages subscribing to watch, attending events and participating in the one of the World’s fastest growing sports
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Fleet Street Communications in the following categories: Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Sport, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.