CARDIFF, WALES. 4 NOVEMBER 2015
Panasonic Computer Products Europe today announced the creation of its new Global Docking Solutions business, to be headquartered in Cardiff, creating an estimated ten additional skilled jobs and providing a boost to the local economy.
The Global Docking Solutions (GDS) team will undertake the design, development and certification of specialised docking solutions for Panasonic’s successful range of ruggedised Toughbook notebook and Toughpad tablet computers.
Panasonic Toughbook and Toughpad devices are used by mobile workers to enhance productivity in a wide variety of industries including emergency services, defence, utilities, automotive, logistics, manufacturing, health and retail. GDS brings the design of the accompanying docking solutions in-house to ensure availability for customers at the same time as the Toughbook and Toughpad products are brought to market.
Cardiff was the natural choice for the location of GDS as it is already the site of the European configuration centre for Toughbook and Toughpad devices, but also due to the presence of existing specialist skills within the newly expanded Panasonic ProServices engineering team.
The new business complements the existing 450 staff employed by Panasonic Manufacturing UK Ltd. in Cardiff, which provides European service for Panasonic’s business to business mobile, security and communications solutions, as well as manufacturing microwaves and induction hobs for the consumer market.
“The decision to base this new Panasonic global business in Cardiff is testament to the skills and hard work of Panasonic staff at this site, which has been established since 1974,” said Robert Blowers, Head of R&D and Solutions Engineering, at Panasonic Computer Products Europe.
“We have already recruited additional mechanical design engineers, technicians and project managers to add to our existing capability, which means we are able to develop the vehicle docking solution in parallel with the Toughbook or Toughpad. This will ensure the launch of the vehicle docking station at the same time as the Toughbook and Toughpad. By developing the vehicle docking solution within Panasonic, it is designed and built with the flexibility and needs of our customers in mind. The ProServices team is also available to work alongside our customers to integrate the device into any vehicle or workstation requirement and to design further customised peripheral solutions to meet our customers' requirements.”
The first docking solution designed by the new GDS team is a vehicle dock for the latest fully rugged Panasonic Toughbook notebook being launched in November.
+ 44 (0) 118 949 7750
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
PSCEU is the European branch of Panasonic Systems Communications Company, the global B2B division of Panasonic. PSCEU’s goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations’ efficiency and performance. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. Products include PBX telephone switches, document printers, professional cameras, projectors, large visual displays, rugged mobile PCs and fire alarms solutions. With around 400 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
PSCEU is made up of four product categories:
• Communication Solutions, including professional scanners, multifunctional printers, telephony systems and SIP terminal devices.
• Visual System Solutions, including projectors and professional displays. Panasonic offers the widest range of Visual products, and leads the European projector market with 28% revenue share. (Futuresource B2B market tracking, Q1/2014)
• Professional Camera Solutions, including Broadcast & ProAV products, security, fire alarm systems and industrial medical vision (IMV) technology. Panasonic is one of the top two professional camera vendors in Europe.
• Computer Product Solutions helps mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic Toughbook had a 66.4% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and Panasonic Toughpad held a 50.4% revenue share of sales of rugged business tablets in 2013 (VDC Research, March 2014).
• All brand names shown are the registered trademarks of the relevant companies. All rights reserved.
• All working conditions, times and figures quoted are optimum or ideal levels and may differ as a result of individual and local circumstances.
• Specifications, product availability and price given herein may be changed at any time without prior notice.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of C8 Consulting in the following categories: Business & Finance, Manufacturing, Engineering & Energy, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.