For immediate release: 2nd February 2016
THE MENOPAUSE – KEEP YOUR COOL
Learn more about the menopause and related topics
If you, your friends or your work colleagues want to learn more about the menopause, it’s time to arrange a talk by a leading expert. Norma Goldman BPharm (Hons) MRPharmS MSc (health promotion), founder and director of The Menopause Exchange, pharmacist and qualified health promotion specialist, is available for talks, seminars and podcasts. Her in-depth knowledge has helped thousands of women enjoy a more comfortable menopause. You can organise talks and seminars in your home, workplace, organisation, company, health spa, health club or local women’s group. Talks are also presented for journalists, in GP practices and hospitals, for line managers and health and safety advisers and at exhibitions and conferences.
The talks are suitable for women at or approaching the menopause, women who have had a premature menopause (before 40) or a hysterectomy or anyone with a general interest in midlife health. Often, post-menopausal women attend the talks to obtain information on post-menopausal health. The talks are also ideal for healthcare professionals.
Every talk provides impartial, reliable, up-to-date and practical information on all aspects of the menopause, to help you make informed decisions about coping at this time of life. You can ask questions, take a factsheet home and hear about other women’s experiences. The topics covered include:
• General information on the menopause
• Menopausal symptoms
• Prescribed medicine alternatives to HRT
• Complementary therapies and medicines
• Health promotion advice including nutrition and exercise
• Self-help lifestyle measures.
Examples of positive feedback:
"This talk has opened a door for me where I feel that I know where to get information about the menopause including health promotion and dietary advice.” (Attendee from a health organisation)
“The excellent information for coping with the menopause was very balanced, looking at HRT, complementary therapies and tips." (Practice nurse)
"I am not yet at menopausal age but I thought that it was really useful to know what is to come. Lots of valuable information. (Company employee)
"Very enjoyable, full of useful practical information and facts. The knowledge of the speaker showed through all aspects of the talk." (Trust hospital employee)
“It was a good idea to provide the talk in the workplace.” (Attendee from a bank)
“Women were able to ask their personal questions and share their struggles.”(Chair of a women’s group)
Norma Goldman has been presenting talks on the menopause for over 16 years. Her book ‘The Menopause-ask the experts’ was published by Hammersmith Press in 2009.
The Menopause Exchange produces a quarterly newsletter containing articles written by top medical experts, such as gynaecologists, GPs, consultants, specialist menopause nurses, complementary practitioners, pharmacists, dietitians etc. We also include news, book reviews and our ‘Ask the experts’ page.
Check out our website at http://www.menopause-exchange.co.uk. Find us on Facebook and Twitter (@MenopauseExch).
To arrange a talk, seminar or podcast or for more information, e-mail email@example.com., call 020 8420 7245 or write to The Menopause Exchange at PO Box 205, Bushey, Herts WD23 1ZS.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
1. The Menopause Exchange was launched in June 1999.
2. Articles in previous issues of The Menopause Exchange newsletter include: HRT–which form is best for you?; Coping with flushes/sweats without HRT; The menopause after cancer therapy; The menopause at work; Boost your memory; The menopause: a partners guide; Eating for the menopause; Osteoporosis and the menopause.
3. The founder and director of The Menopause Exchange is Norma Goldman, a pharmacist with a Master’s degree in health promotion. She gives talks on the menopause to employees in the workplace and hospitals, women and women’s groups, healthcare professionals, GP practices, organisations, health clubs and at exhibitions. Her daughter, Victoria, the editor of the newsletter, is an experienced health journalist with a BSc. degree in Biomedical Science and a Master’s degree in Science Communication.
4. The aim of The Menopause Exchange is to raise the awareness of the menopause among women, healthcare professionals (e.g. nurses and pharmacists) and complementary practitioners.
5. All press enquiries to Norma Goldman on 020 8420 7245.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Menopause Exchange in the following categories: Health, Medical & Pharmaceutical, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.