UKTI Commercial Officers will be on hand to discuss GREAT UK tech across a range of products, services and technologies
• Major UK presence at Mobile World Congress
• Discover more by browsing the e-brochure
• Get the app: Search “UK Technology Today” on the iOS App store or Google Play
Mobile World Congress, Barcelona – The GREAT Britain Pavilion at Mobile World Congress will be thriving with innovation this year with more than 50 UK companies exhibiting at the event across 1000 square metres of space.
The GREAT Britain Pavilion will accommodate a number of leading innovators from the UK, demonstrating Britain’s strong track record within the mobile sector. UK companies will present ground breaking innovation across several areas including apps, hardware, Internet of Things and location based services.
The UK delegation of companies is one of the largest of any country and, with more than 50 exhibitors, 2016 will be one of the biggest Mobile World Congress events for UK representation. More than 30 companies have been supported by the Tradeshow Access Programme (TAP), a UK Trade & Investment supported programme that enables smaller UK companies to attend events like Mobile World Congress. The UK contingent will be located across a number of halls, organised by Tradefair on behalf of techUK and supported by UK Trade and Investment (UKTI).
Following its success in 2015 the Pod Tech Zone will be present at Mobile World Congress 2016 and the pavilion is again giving 12 companies the opportunity to exhibit at the event without the cost normally associated with a major trade exhibition.
The UKTI stand, in hall 7C40, is dedicated to improving the reputation of UK excellence in the mobile sector and promotion of the wider UK group at the exhibition. UKTI will present a programme of thought leadership sessions covering smart cities, cyber security, connected systems, future networks and the Internet of Things. UKTI Commercial Officers will be on hand to discuss GREAT UK tech across a range of products, services and technologies.
Mark Birchall, Managing Director of Tradefair, the company that organises the UK presence at Mobile World Congress says: “Mobile World Congress is where mobile operators, device manufacturers, technology providers, vendors and content owners come to meet. Over recent years the UK has asserted itself at the forefront of mobile innovation, with advancements in hardware, software, networking and content.”
“This year marks one of the largest number of UK companies at Mobile World Congress since the event was launched. The UK displays expertise in mobile innovation that is continuing to advance year-on-year, as exhibitors showcase a diverse range of innovative ideas in the mobile sector,” continues Birchall.
The UKTI booth at Mobile World Congress is Hall & Stand 7C40.
For a full list of UK companies at Mobile World Congress download the UK Technology Today app from the App store here or from Google Play here.
Phone +44 (0) 1622 754200
Notes to editors:
1. UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is the government department that helps UK-based companies succeed in the global economy. We also help overseas companies bring their high quality investment to the UK’s economy – acknowledged as Europe’s best place from which to succeed in global business. UKTI offers expertise and contacts through its extensive network of specialists in the UK, and in British embassies and other diplomatic offices around the world. We provide companies with the tools they require to be competitive on the world stage. For more information on UKTI, visit www.ukti.gov.uk or telephone +44 (0)20 7215 8000. For latest press releases, visit the online newsroom at www.ukti.gov.uk/media.
You can also keep in touch with developments at UKTI through www.blog.ukti.gov.uk, www.twitter.com/ukti and www.flickr.com/photos/tags/ukti.
2. teckUK represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow. More than 850 companies are members of techUK. Collectively they employ more than 500,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK. These companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups. The majority of our members are small and medium sized businesses.
T +44 (0) 20 7331 2000
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of XL Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.