Embedded technologies are increasingly important to a host of products and services and the UK is a global leader in the sector
• The GREAT Britain Pavilion will be the centre of UK innovation at Embedded World
• Eight UK companies showcase expertise from the embedded sector for the first time
• Embedded World: 23-25 February
Embedded World, Nuremberg – Embedded World will be thriving with innovation this year with more than 25,000 visitors and 900 exhibitors from the embedded technologies sector. And the UK will be represented through the GREAT Britain Pavilion; showcasing UK innovation and talent at Embedded World for the first time.
At the world's largest trade fair in the embedded sector, the GREAT Britain Pavilion showcases leading UK companies to other professionals involved with the development, purchasing, procurement and application of embedded technologies in hardware, software, tools and services.
The UK remains a hotbed of innovation in embedded technologies and the UK companies represented at the show will demonstrate new technology across electronic systems, distributed intelligence, the Internet of Things, e-mobility and energy efficiency.
This is the first time a UK delegation has been showcased at the GREAT Britain Pavilion at embedded World. Eight companies from the embedded sector have been supported by the Tradeshow Access Programme (TAP), a UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) supported initiative that enables smaller UK companies to attend events like Embedded World. The UK contingent will be located in Hall 4, stand 546 and is organised by Tradefair on behalf of techUK.
The focus of the pavilion is to build quality partnerships, connect professionals from the embedded world, promote companies to help businesses grow and demonstrate the UK’s premier position in embedded technology to the world. UK and international companies
have the opportunity to pre-book meetings and attend a networking event with key note speakers Dominic Pajak, Arm and Ian Anderton-Smith, Imagination Technologies. Registration is still open, click here to register.
Mark Birchall, Managing Director of TradeFair, the company that organises the UK presence at Embedded World says: “This year marks the first time the GREAT Britain Pavilion will be at the exhibition and we look forward to showcasing the breadth and depth of UK innovation in this sector. Embedded technologies are increasingly important to a host of products and services and the UK is a global leader in the sector. Thanks to the support of techUK and UKTI several UK companies that would otherwise be unable to exhibit at the event will be there and expect to secure major international deals, cementing the UK’s leadership position in the sector.”
Phone +44 (0) 1622 754200
Notes to editors:
1. UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is the government department that helps UK-based companies succeed in the global economy. We also help overseas companies bring their high quality investment to the UK’s economy – acknowledged as Europe’s best place from which to succeed in global business. UKTI offers expertise and contacts through its extensive network of specialists in the UK, and in British embassies and other diplomatic offices around the world. We provide companies with the tools they require to be competitive on the world stage. For more information on UKTI, visit www.ukti.gov.uk or telephone +44 (0)20 7215 8000. For latest press releases, visit the online newsroom at www.ukti.gov.uk/media.
You can also keep in touch with developments at UKTI through www.blog.ukti.gov.uk, www.twitter.com/ukti and www.flickr.com/photos/tags/ukti.
2. teckUK represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow. More than 850 companies are members of techUK. Collectively they employ more than 500,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK. These companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups. The majority of our members are small and medium sized businesses.
T +44 (0) 20 7331 2000
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of XL Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.