Some of the world’s best known artists have donated work in aid of leading women’s gynaecological cancer charity, The Eve Appeal.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 2016 (ovarian cancer awareness month)
Viscount Linley to host prestigious Art 4 Eve auction in aid of women’s cancer
• 25 works of art donated by internationally acclaimed artists including Sir Howard Hodgkin, Sir Antony Gormley and Grayson Perry to be auctioned at Christie's
• Featured celebrities in the artwork include the late David Bowie
• Works of art valued from £500 - £50,000
• Art 4 Eve online auction bidding starts from 1 April at www.eveappeal.org.uk/art to help raise funds to fight women’s cancers
Some of the world’s best known artists have donated work in aid of leading women’s gynaecological cancer charity, The Eve Appeal. A wonderfully diverse range of art, from oil paintings to candid photographs of famous faces, will go under the hammer, first via an online auction from 1st April, with bidding ending at a charity gala dinner hosted by Viscount Linley and Helena Morrissey CBE on Thursday 28th April at Christie’s. The online auction is being hosted by fundraising platform Givergy.
Helena Morrissey CBE said: “The Eve Appeal is a charity very close to my heart, and it is widely respected for its work in saving women’s lives through pioneering research into early detection and prevention of gynaecological cancer. We hope that people will dig deep and bid online to support the fantastic artists who have used their creativity to create outstanding works of art and The Eve Appeal – in aid of live-saving research.”
There are pieces for seasoned art collectors and culture lovers alike, including:
• A unique glazed ceramic horse titled ‘A Serious Piece of Political Art’ by renowned English ceramics artist, Grayson Perry
• An innovative drawing by acclaimed artist Sir Antony Gormley titled ‘Reach II’, which was drawn using carbon and casein on paper
• A striking and timely painting of the late David Bowie by Annie Kevans who has many works in the Charles Saatchi collection
• An iconic 1960s photograph of the late Cilla Black by critically acclaimed Observer photographer, the late Jane Bown
• A unique original drawing from Sir Quentin Blake created specifically for the charity, depicting an interpretation of The Eve Appeal's distinctive logo
The auction lot also features works from established and world-renowned artists such as Lincoln Townley, Sir Anthony Caro, Howard Hodgkin, Maggi Hambling, Jason Martin, Harland Miller, Terry O'Neill, Paula Rego and John Swannell.
Dominic Hourd, Art Event Director, says: “We are so grateful to the incredible artists who have so generously donated their work. The range and quality that we are taking to auction is incredible - from iconic photographs to thought provoking paintings, we really do have an inspiring collection.”
Grayson Perry commented: "The Eve Appeal does tremendous work supporting research on women's cancers. I am pleased to contribute to the Art for Eve charity auction, and wish it great success."
Athena Lamnisos, Eve Appeal CEO: 'Taking forward medical research in women's cancers is the inspiration for these amazing donations. Combining the power of art and science to make a difference to the 20,000 women who have to face a diagnosis of a gynaecological cancer every year in the UK.”
The auction is hosted by Givergy Access, an effective online fundraising platform that allows users to take part in flexible auctions and raffles or purchase ‘buy it now’ items. Participants will have access to exclusive, high-profile, money-can’t-buy items and experiences that aren’t available anywhere else. To bid for this unique prize click here and help The Eve Appeal change women’s lives.
To get involved with the conversation on Twitter please use the hashtag #Art4Eve
- ENDS –
Media Contact: Jane Dean PR - email@example.com - 07752 034833
For more information about The Eve Appeal please contact:
Wesley Hutchins, Communications: Wesley.Hutchins@eveappeal.org.uk / 020 7605 0108
Dominic Hourd, Art Event Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7605 0105
Notes to Editors:
• The Eve Appeal will be hosting a publically accessible online auction in collaboration with Givergy. It will run from 1 – 28 April.
• The Eve Appeal was set up to save women’s lives by funding ground-breaking research focussed on developing effective methods of prediction, detection, and prevention of gynaecological cancers. Our vision is simple: A future where fewer women develop and more women survive gynaecological cancers – www.eveappeal.org.uk
• For a full list of artists, images and any other information, please contact Wesley Hutchins or Dominic Hourd on the details above
• Celebrity quotes and interviews available on request
For media information about Givergy, please contact:
T: +44 (0)20 3440 8930
Founded in 2009, Givergy is an award-winning company which offers a range of cutting-edge technology platforms to help charities raise more at fundraising events and online. In 2015, Givergy has raised over £25 million for more than 1,200 incredible causes through an array of interactive fundraising products. With offices in London, Toronto, Calgary and New York, Givergy helps charities around the world raise more for incredible global causes.
Givergy helps charities Raise More through three principle products:
Givergy Access is a simple, effective online fundraising platform which allows users to take part in flexible auctions and raffles or purchase ‘buy it now’ items. It gives people access to exclusive, high-profile, money-can’t-buy items and experiences that aren’t available anywhere else!
Givergy Managed is an innovative technology platform which revolutionises live fundraising events – from large gala dinners to informal art exhibitions or golf days – in order to help charities raise more for their incredible worldwide causes.
Givergy Mobile is a PC & mobile optimised platform which gives charities more flexibility to increase the chance of guests getting involved and ensures bidders are personally kept up to date with the progress of the auction. The mobile platform is optimised for mobile, tablet and PC web browsers.
For more information on Givergy, please go to http://www.givergy.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Jane Dean PR in the following categories: Entertainment & Arts, Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.