• Users halve their petrol costs with people they share with
• Average regular users save over £1000 per year each
• Companies save over £20 million a year in costs with private Liftshare schemes
• Liftshare Week (1-7 October) aims to raise awareness of car sharing, save people money and cut congestion
• Every 1% increase in car occupancy will save 1 billion car miles.
• In cities across the UK, for every 12 drivers on the commute, there is just 1 car passenger. However 50% of people (according to the AA) say they would be willing to share their commute if they could find someone suitable to travel with.
For data and statistics relating specifically to a region or city, please contact us for full details.
A pioneer of the sharing economy, Liftshare is a multi-award-winning platform that connects people travelling the same way so that they can share their car journeys. As the biggest car sharing community in the UK, the team’s mission is to ensure that everyone has someone to travel with; solving transport poverty with fewer cars, greater access, and happier travellers.
Having recently celebrated it’s 20th birthday (two weeks before Google), Liftshare is more popular than ever, but more people are joining ever day as they discover the benefits of car sharing.
“Liftshare has come a long way in the last 20 years; we are excited to be growing fast and working with over 700 of the UK’s greatest employers, helping them save money whilst overcoming their parking and well-being challenges, and we are thrilled to have over 1 million shared trips every month on our network,” says CEO and Founder, Ali Clabburn.
“However, 90% of commuters still drive to work alone every day at the same time as millions of families struggle with transport poverty and our cities are over their legal limits on air quality. Our hope is that in 20 years time that we will have fixed the problem.”
Liftshare helps save its corporate clients, such as Jaguar Land Rover, Ocado, Heathrow Airport, British Gas, Barclays and National Grid, over £20 million per year with private, bespoke Liftshare schemes. And that’s not even mentioning the environmental impact that Liftshare has had on the UK, with over 121,653 tonnes of CO2 saved in it’s 20-year history.
Grab a sidekick and become a Super Commuter this Liftshare Week 2018
Liftshare Week is a national initiative to encourage people of the UK to try liftsharing during the week and thanking those who already do. This year, the week runs across the UK from 1st – 7th October, 2018.
Liftshare Week not only encourages people to give Liftshare a try, but also promotes the well-being, environmental and financial benefits of sharing journeys. Our members have expressed how sharing reduces the stress of the commute, and our average regular sharers save over £1000 a year!
This Liftshare Week, we encourage you to become part of our growing legion of Super Commuters by signing up to Liftshare.com (or your organisation’s community) and grabbing a sidekick: by adding your regular journey and finding a match. Being your very own superhero not enough? We’ve got a Liftshare Week competition that will be your kryptonite! By becoming a Super Commuter, you could win a year’s pass for you and a friend for Cineworld or Odeon. For more information, visit liftshareweek.com.
- Liftshare is the UK’s biggest car sharing community, with over 600,000 members
- The site is free to use and available at www.liftshare.com
- Liftshare was founded in 1998 by CEO, Ali Clabburn
- Case studies of Liftshare’s corporate clients can be found at business.liftshare.com
- A typical driver sharing their commute with one other person saves over £1000 per year in fuel costs
- Liftshare Week is a national event, this year on 1st-7th October 2018
- For further statistics, photos, information or comment, please contact Simon Cross, Liftshare’s Commercial Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01603 389321
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Liftshare in the following categories: Environment & Nature, Motoring, Transport & Logistics, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.