AUSPEX INTRODUCES NEW SYSTEM SOFTWARE FOR APPLICATIONS REQUIRING CENTRALIZED STORAGE AND FILE SHARING
Net OS (Release 3.0) Provides Fully Embedded Support for UNIX/Windows and Improves User Productivity
SANTA CLARA, CA - December 11th, 2000 - Auspex Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: ASPX), the technology leader in Network Attached Storage (NAS), announced the availability of its Net OS System Software (Release 3.0), designed to move data from the network to storage and back again while delivering the highest levels of performance, scaleability and system reliability.
The Net OS System Software is the operating system that resides on the Auspex NS2000 platform to provide a high-end scaleable solution for NAS. This enables storage consolidation for a lower total cost of ownership, is used for any application requiring centralized storage and provides file sharing between Windows and UNIX users.
"From a customer perspective, the Net OS 3.0 is very impressive," said Ian Batten, IT Director for Fujitsu Europe Telecom in the United Kingdom. "We find it to be a successful solution with no substantial problems and it’s a solid, faultless product with great performance." Fujitsu Europe Telecom provides strategic and R&D resources for Fujitsu's telecommunications products designed for European markets. The company focuses on the innovation and development of enabling technologies in three key areas: broadband systems, telemanagement systems, and mobile systems.
The four key building blocks to the Net OS system software are:
- DataXpress Architecture Kernal Network processing that is fast, less expensive and more reliable than traditional operating systems
- FastFLO File System - File system processing provides optimal performance in sequential, large-file or small-file environments
- XceleRAID - Storage processing provides enhanced availability with maximized RAID capabilities
- DataXcelerator Engines - Data management designed to speed and simplify the process of system backup
"We are enthusiastic about Net OS because it helps our customers optimally manage the data delivery chain," said Michael S. Worhach, president of Auspex Systems. "In addition, Net OS is a highly cost-effective and competitive solution in the storage market offering a very competitive entry price."
The Net OS system software provides increased storage density, increased scaleability (256 disk slices, 1 TB file systems, and 64-bit I-node support) and is scaleable up to 9 TB and is the best price/performance NAS solution at 9 TB.
By consolidating storage on the NS2000 the data server used by enterprises worldwide to optimize information technology infrastructures and that scales to 9 terabytes (TB) users experience faster performance with improved data protection. Additionally, storage and data remain available as application servers and clients can migrate to the latest technology to protect their storage investment. Net OS adds many capabilities to its new system software, including:
· Increased data availability and protection which enables data replication between systems for rapid file recovery or backup file systems
· Supports ATM OC12 PCI adapters sustaining LANE, CLIP and MPOA for improved connectivity especially in the Internet and government markets
· Supports Windows 2000 clients and servers using CIFS protocols that was initially delivered for Windows 95, 98 and NT 4.0 support
· Increased availability with network segment failover and failback enabling continuous data availability in the event of a network segment, router, switch or network interface card
· Improved performance with the introduction of 10K RPM drives providing up to 30 percent improvement in file transfer times
· Increased scaleability allowing file and file system sizes up to 1 TB with the ability to dynamically increase file system sizes when users fill their allocated space
Auspex is the Network Attached Storage (NAS) server choice of Fortune 1000 customers in the semiconductor, software development, oil and gas exploration, automotive, aerospace, communications, publishing, entertainment, animation, Internet and financial services industries. Its products are designed for storage applications requiring secure NT and UNIX data sharing from a single data image, server consolidation or continuous network data availability. The company excels in enterprise-level [multi-terabyte] NAS solutions and services. Learn more about Auspex at http://www.auspex.com
For more information, please contact:
Rose Ross, Omarketing
0208 255 5225
Rob Melloy, Auspex Systems Limited
0118 940 7300
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Omarketing Limited in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.