Kronos will give us instant feedback on labour costs, labour availability and employee performance
19 August 2009- Kronos announced today that Hozelock, the market-leading garden watering, spraying and aquatics manufacturer, has selected Kronos to improve operational performance. Kronos will replace a number of legacy systems and will provide Hozelock with a single, fully integrated workforce management and shop floor data capture solution for its factory based in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham.
• Kronos will enable accurate shop floor data collection for both direct and indirect activities.
• The Kronos workforce management solution will provide Hozelock with real-time data on total hours worked, employee attendance, lateness and holidays.
• Seamless integration between Kronos and Hozelock’s ERP system will automatically pass new works orders and operations to Kronos ensuring complete accuracy and validation of data.
• 100% reconciliation of payroll hours to production hours will enable Hozelock to have the ‘true cost of labour’ associated with manufacturing operations.
• Kronos will enable Hozelock to reduce operating costs by making optimal use of the workforce, minimising the need for temporary labour and overtime.
• Following implementation of Kronos, executive dashboards will provide real-time key performance indicators (KPIs) on shop floor productivity, work-in-process (WIP) and costs focusing on labour efficiencies, labour utilisation and quality.
• Hozelock will benefit from unique visibility of operational performance using Kronos’ Overall Labour Effectiveness (OLE) metric.
• With Kronos in place, Hozelock will improve absence management reporting and analysis across the business.
• Through integration from Kronos to KCS payroll, Hozelock will have a fully automated solution for time recording through to payroll preparation.
Peter Rush, Managing Director of Hozelock Limited
“Kronos will give us instant feedback on labour costs, labour availability and employee performance. Our workforce is a large yet controllable expense and to compete effectively in this market it’s imperative that we control labour costs and utilisation while still providing our customers with the excellent service they expect from Hozelock.”
Managing Director, Kronos UK, Keith Statham
“Manufacturers are facing increasing pressure to control costs and improve productivity while still delivering quality products in increasingly shorter lead times. We’re delighted that Hozelock has selected Kronos and look forward to helping them achieve their goal of continued operational excellence.”
About Hozelock Limited
Hozelock is the UK Market-leading garden watering, spraying and aquatics supplier. As a previous winner of the Queens Award for Export and the I.Mech.E Manufacturing Excellence Awards for Business Development and Change Management, Customer Focus and Logistics and Resource Efficiency, Hozelock exports products and services to more than 60 countries worldwide.
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organisations to control labour costs, minimise compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organisations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring and labour analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com/uk.
For more information and Hozelock photography contact
Jacqui Freeman or Caroline Powell, JD Marketing
Tel: 0208 297 5388
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com