Sean Hanna has made available his DVD set of essential styling tips, product advice and professional secrets
Learn salon secrets and top hair styling tips in a new step-by-step DVD from leading hair stylist Sean Hanna – exclusive to www.LooksGorgeous.com
The party season is fast approaching, and beautiful hair is essential if you’re going to look sensational under the mistletoe. Newly launched website www.LooksGorgeous.com gives you hair care advice specific to your hair length, type and preferred style, together with the best salon brands such as Kerastase, Tigi and GHD at big discounts from normal salon prices.
To mark the launch of the website, award-winning hairdresser and entrepreneur Sean Hanna has made available his DVD set of essential styling tips, product advice and professional secrets to help you achieve salon perfect hair at home. The set comprises two DVDs: 'Essential Cleanse' and 'Essential Styling' which together take you from the very basics of good hair washing technique, to the correct use of products and equipment to create the latest styles, with examples of working with different hair lengths.
Sections of the video, together with regularly updated hair tips and product advice from the LooksGorgeous hair care team are available on the website.
Sean has also compiled a Top Ten of common Hair Care Mistakes you should avoid to keep your hair in top condition:
1. Not regularly trimming hair because you are trying to grow it:
This can lead to split ends and frizzy hair over time, so a regular trim is important to maintain good shape and condition as your hair grows
2. Not using conditioner because you think it will make hair greasy:
Daily conditioning can make your hair shinier, smoother and less frizzy, but check you have the right product for your hair type.
3. Using the wrong shampoo for your hair type:
Different hair types and textures require different products such as shampoos and conditioners. If you’re not sure, ask your stylist what products are ideal for your hair, and always check product descriptions before buying.
4. Not emulsifying shampoo before rinsing, making hair dull and lifeless:
Don’t just apply and rinse off. Add a little extra water after applying shampoo to damp hair , then work into a lather to release the active ingredients in the product before the final rinse.
5. When colouring, not understanding the effects of the ‘undercoat’ colour:
Permanent colours work in layers. First there is an undercoat, which would typically be lighter and warmer than the desired finished result. A professional colourist takes this into account when applying the “top coat” to achieve the desired colour. If you don’t understand how colouring works there is a genuine risk of your colour being quite different from what you expect. When going for a new colour, use a professional hairdresser whenever possible.
6. When colouring at home, not just matching the roots, but continually colouring ALL the hair:
If you apply colour all over the hair each time you colour , the hair can become unnecessarily dry and damaged. By applying the colour product only at the roots or the areas where it is needed, “over processing” can be avoided.
7. Brushing long hair from the roots first:
Always start at the ends and then work back to the roots as the hair becomes less tangled. Use a detangle product if you have a lot of knots after your shower. Brushing too vigorously from the roots can tear hair out and really damage your hair’s cuticles.
8. Not using sun protection for the hair whilst swimming in highly chlorinated water, sea water, or just spending a lot of time in direct sunlight:
Our hair needs protecting from sun and chemical damage just as our skin does, so apply a protective hair product when swimming or sunbathing.
9. Using the wrong type of styling products to try and achieve certain styles:
Styling products are specifically formulated to help you achieve certain effects, so read the directions carefully before applying to check it is suitable for your look.
10. Using very hot water for rinsing out shampoo / conditioner:
This often aggravates the scalp and can be damaging for the hair. Treat your hair gently, and use warm but not hot water to rinse.
More detailed advice and hair care tips are included in the Sean Hanna hair care DVD set Essential Cleanse and Essential Styling available exclusively online at www.LooksGorgeous.com for £15.99 and only £7.99 (60% off RRP) with any order over £30.
– ENDS –
For more information contact:
Left Field Media
07711 616 794
Notes to Editors:
• Limited numbers of the Sean Hanna hair care DVD set Essential Cleanse and Essential Styling are available for review. Contact email@example.com for availability. Approximate running time of the DVDs: Essential Cleanse - 30 min & Essential Styling - 50 min.
• When reviewing the looksgorgeous.com website, please be aware that some content and video as stated above are still being added prior to the official launch on 14th November 2009.
• Sean Hanna is the founder and owner of the SeanHanna chain of hairdressing salons and one of the UK’s leading hairdressing ambassadors. Sean is in frequent demand world-wide for inspirational shows and seminars, and has recently visited Bologna, Slovenia, Rome, Vegas, Mumbai and Dallas in addition to supporting major events throughout the UK, including the prestigious Alternative Hair Show.
• Sean is a member of the British HALL OF FAME, he has been voted Business Director of the Year in the British Business Hairdressing Awards and has won numerous hairdressing awards including the 2007 RETAIL SALON OF THE YEAR
Customer testimonials for Sean Hanna Hair Care DVD set:
“It’s like a crash-course in hairdressing and hair care – I spend a lot on my cut but I do find it difficult to keep my hair looking straight and smooth. Not any more! This DVD is priceless!” Salli L, Sussex.
“I never realized things like water temperature and correct rinsing would make such a difference. The tips I picked up from the DVD have resulted in an unbelievable shine which people are noticing!” Karen E , London.
“To say that buying a DVD would change your life sounds ridiculous but the changes I have made to my shampoo and blow dry routine have made such an impact on the way my hair looks every day – I feel great!” Anne H, Surrey.