‘Victoriana: The Art of Revival'
A Dazzling Evening of Marvellous Entertainment at Guildhall Art Gallery on 25th October from 6pm-10pm
Go Gothic this October, with our special late-evening Victorian knees-up, part of the ‘Victoriana: The Art of Revival' season of events at Guildhall Art Gallery, which is provided by the City of London Corporation. Dress the part and enjoy the chance to see this autumn’s most talked-about new exhibition after hours. Our Victoriana Art Ambassadors will be on hand throughout the evening to answer any questions as you enjoy a mind-bending exploration of “the most enthralling exhibition of the year so far” (The Independent).
Then venture into the Guildhall’s atmospheric medieval crypts – the largest and oldest in London – for an evening of dancing and cabaret. A pop-up bar will be available, and acts include Victorian strongman Sir Leopold Aleksander, 'The Mighty Moustache’, the ‘Don’t Go Into The Cellar!’ theatre company, with reworkings of the 19th century’s greatest ghost and horror stories, the ‘Singing Victorians’ and Art Macabre’s infamous drawing salon – RIP boring life drawings, hello death drawing.
Tickets cost £10 in advance and £12 on the door (to include entry to exhibition) and are available NOW from Eventbrite
Notes to Editors
Guildhall Art Gallery
• Located in the heart of the City, next to the medieval Guildhall, the Art Gallery houses and displays paintings and sculptures collected by the City of London Corporation. Visitors can view the highlights of this historic collection, including iconic Victorian paintings and fascinating scenes of London life from the 17th century to the present. Steeped in history, the Gallery also houses the remains of London’s Roman Amphitheatre, which was discovered here in 1988 and is open to the public.
• Guildhall Art Gallery and London’s Roman Amphitheatre, Guildhall Yard, London EC2V 5AR; Tel: 020 7332 3700
• Admission: Free to the gallery’s permanent collection and the amphitheatre. Admission to ‘Victoriana: The Art of Revival’ costs £7 (£5 concessions).
• Open: Mon-Sat, 10am-5pm, Sun 12-4pm.
• Visit our website at www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/victoriana and join the conversation on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GuildhallArtGallery; or Twitter @GuildhallArt. We’d love to chat!
• The nearest Underground stations are: Bank, St. Pauls, Mansion House or Moorgate.
About the City of London Corporation
• The City of London Corporation provides local government and policing services for the financial and commercial heart of Britain, the 'Square Mile'. In addition, the City Corporation has three roles: (1) it supports London’s communities by working in partnership with neighbouring boroughs on economic regeneration, education and skills projects. In addition, the City of London Corporation’s charity, the City Bridge Trust, makes grants of more than £15 million annually to charitable projects across London; and it also supports education with three independent schools, three City Academies, a primary school and the world-renowned Guildhall School of Music & Drama. (2) It also helps look after key London heritage and green spaces including Tower Bridge, Museum of London, Barbican Centre, City gardens, Hampstead Heath, Epping Forest, Burnham Beeches, and important ‘commons’ in south London. (3) And it also supports and promotes the ‘City’ as a world-leading financial and business hub, with outward and inward business delegations, high-profile civic events, research-driven policies all reflecting a long-term approach. See www.cityoflondon.gov.uk for more details.
High-res images available on request
Francesca Collin and Emma Allen at Aneela Rose PR
Tel: 01444 241341/0774 8654134
‘Victoriana: The Art of Revival'